Suggestions on accessories to plug in

Aug 17, 2013
East, TN
Hi Everyone,

Tomorrow I have an electrician coming out to install some outlets by my deck for the pool. I was planning on getting (2) 20 amp circuits installed and have (2) separate 4 plug outlets (20 amp to each) giving me a total of 8 places to plug things into. So far what I have to plug in is the Intex 2650 Sand Filter which uses 6 amps and the Intex Saltwater Generator at 1.1 amps. I will have a skimmer on there as well but have not purchased it yet but that will not use any amps since it goes in line with the pump. I might but a light out there but the amps to that would be minimal I would think so let’s say another 2 amps. So far i am using around less than 10 Amps. I believe I can get away with just having them install 1 20 Amp circuit and having a 4 plug outlet.

The Question: Can any of you give me suggestions as to other things that I might end up wanting or needing to plug in for the pool that I am not thinking of?

Thank you,
Rkipper

For one thing when pump motors start up they can briefly draw over 3 times their running amps until they get up to speed, for another it means that a nusance trip caused by another piece of equipment will not stop the pool pump, which could be bad if your out of town for a few days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.