Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Suggestions on accessories to plug in

1. Back To Top    #1

Suggestions on accessories to plug in

Hi Everyone,

Tomorrow I have an electrician coming out to install some outlets by my deck for the pool. I was planning on getting (2) 20 amp circuits installed and have (2) separate 4 plug outlets (20 amp to each) giving me a total of 8 places to plug things into. So far what I have to plug in is the Intex 2650 Sand Filter which uses 6 amps and the Intex Saltwater Generator at 1.1 amps. I will have a skimmer on there as well but have not purchased it yet but that will not use any amps since it goes in line with the pump. I might but a light out there but the amps to that would be minimal I would think so let’s say another 2 amps. So far i am using around less than 10 Amps. I believe I can get away with just having them install 1 20 Amp circuit and having a 4 plug outlet.

The Question: Can any of you give me suggestions as to other things that I might end up wanting or needing to plug in for the pool that I am not thinking of?

Thank you,
    Rkipper
    Intex 9' x 18' Ultra Frame, Intex SWG, Intex 2650 Sand Filter Pump, TF-100 test kit
    My pool setup – view here

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Suggestions on accessories to plug in

I would have to least a dedicated circuit for the pump and swg, and then a duplex or quad receptacle on another circuit for other stuff.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

With the pump and swg running at about 8 Amps total, why would I want it to be dedicated? just asking as I am no electrician.
    Intex 9' x 18' Ultra Frame, Intex SWG, Intex 2650 Sand Filter Pump, TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for your input. I will stick with two 20 amp circuits and not have to worry with what all i may need later.

Rkipper

5. Back To Top    #5

For one thing when pump motors start up they can briefly draw over 3 times their running amps until they get up to speed, for another it means that a nusance trip caused by another piece of equipment will not stop the pool pump, which could be bad if your out of town for a few days.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~