Calcium Build Up on PebbleFina

Nov 24, 2011
I have a dark colored Pebblefina finish on my pool (about two years old). It has slowly been getting lighter and lighter due to calcium build up.

I have contacted several pool people about an acid wash, but no one is willing to do it. Various reasons from cost to whatever.

So now I'm wondering if this is something I can do myself or if there is a better method to do this. My pool guy seems to think that he can do a "hot-start" that will dissolve the calcium, but I'm not sure I trust him since it got like this on his watch to start with.

Any ideas?

Should I drain the pool, and acid wash it myself? If so, any links to the chemicals I need and the processes I need to follow?

Is it a big deal to not have water in the pool for a week or so while I'm doing this?

Are you certain it's CH buildup? I'm not saying you're wrong, but don't want to assume with no solid test numbers.

Do you have a kit you can post up numbers for us with? If not, I strongly encourage you to get one. It, and knowledge are the two most important thing any pool owner need to do things right, and on their own.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.