pool cleaner with surface mount lights

aussieta

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
does anybody have experience with automatic pool cleaners with surface mount lights
i am looking at the maytronics dolphin series
my concern is the cleaner may damage the lights by keep crashing into them
and the robot cleaner will probably fall off of the side if it makes it over the lights and lose track of where it is in the pool
any feedback or experiences please

I have no experience with surface mount lights, but am on my second Maytronics pool cleaner, so I can't help much with the first part of your question, as to the second part, at least when it comes to my older generation cleaners, they do little to track their progress around the pool. Instead they use much more of a semi random drunken walk technique to cover the pool, much like those toy electric cars of 30-40 years ago which would turn around when they ran into anything and run off the other way until they hit the next obstacle. I think the newer ones add in a little basic intelligence "learning" the pool to know about how long to run forward, and how long to run in reverse, but not much beyond that, their cleaning patterns should not be envisioned like the cleaning patterns of Roomba house cleaning robots, etc..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.