I need help with easytouch 4 please

Jul 27, 2013
I have read several threads about the easytouch and can't find anything specific to my needs, so I decided to ask in a thread. I see that the solar option can also be used as "aux extra". I want to use this for another actuator, but I see it only has a two pin connection and my actuators have 3 pins...Is this possible to do? Right now I am using valves A and B already as aux 2 and aux 3. with aux 1 used for my pool lights. I was hoping to use another actuator for my water fall, but can't figure out how. please help. thanks for the info. I can post pics of my setup if that helps. My builder has discharge line split to feed either floor system/returns or I can press aux 2 and actuator closes off that path and sends the water to my features (waterfall, sunshelf jets, deck jets) aux 3 is currently on the floor system/return line so I can toggle between the two. That leaves me with running all features at same time or none at all.

Jerry, Thanks for the help. Have you or know anyone who has had success with operating a actuator from the solar output this way? This would be great if it works out. I really need this 3rd actuator. Thanks again.

Jerryt, I got my relay in today and feel like I got close, but no cigar. I am trying to use and aux relay instead of the "aux extra" circuit because I thought that would be easier. I never got the RiB relay to swap. I had 24v on the NC wires before pushing aux 1. Then I push aux 1 and I got like .8v on the NO wires instead of the 24v I expected. Could I have something wrong with the neutral?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerryt, I got my relay in today and feel like I got close, but no cigar. I am trying to use and aux relay instead of the "aux extra" circuit because I thought that would be easier. I never got the RiB relay to swap. I had 24v on the NC wires before pushing aux 1. Then I push aux 1 and I got like .8v on the NO wires instead of the 24v I expected. Could I have something wrong with the neutral?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attach a schematic of how you have this wired...

Did you pull the 24Vac from where transformer wires connect to the motherboard?

Is the relay switching, LED light come on?

Have you tested the valve actuator?

Aux relay connector I believe is 24VDC, original schematic was for using 24VAC source (Solar valve connector). Is that relay rated for DC input?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.