Leak in del ozone piping system

Pikerbu

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 11, 2012
Dallas, TX
Hello,

I have a del ozone system and the black pipe where the ozone feed to the pool water is leaking at the joint with the PVC pipe (see attached photo). I have put some outdoor sealant to try to patch it up but it is not working. I got a $500 quote to repair the leak (replacing the black pipe) from a pool company It seems quite expensive considering the whole del ozone system only costs $1000. Any suggestions as to what can I do to patch the leak? I found some epoxy at lowes and it states it has strength for 3000psi. Can those epoxy be used?

Appreciate and thanks for the advice..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 43
That black section is the Ozone venturi intake, it sucks the ozone into the flowing water instead of letting water leak out. I can't tell the size of the one in your photo, but it should not cost more than $50, or so. $500 is insane

Epoxy is not the right approach. You need to disassemble the connections at both ends, clean all surfaces and re-install the pipe (or better a new one) correctly. Attempting to patch a leak from the outside of a connection, such as what was already attempted in the photos, almost invariably fails.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.