What pump should we get for the spa?

mkmkmkmk

Dec 31, 2013
Northridge, CA
(some additional questions came up as I was writing out my spa pump question... here goes!)

We 99% sure we're going to be using the IntellifloXF for the pool + water features (3 bubblers + 4 laminars). The pool is 41x20 with a large shelf at about 8" of water. Then it goes 3.5' - 6' - 4'.

1) Would you go with the IntellifloXF or the Intelliflo VS 3050?

2) The spa is 8' diameter. How many jets would you put in there?

We're thinking 8 that hit the spa-goers back, and 4 in the back-of-the-leg part of the bench.

3) What pump would you use for the spa?

4) What spa jets would you get?

We're thinking these here:
http://www.spadepot.com/shop/Pentai...Swirl-Jet-Internal---Dark-Gray-P8943C700.aspx

1) I don't see much advantage of the XF over a standard VS. However, I would not get the 3050. The 011018 is a better pump with more features at the same price point.

2) Depends on the type of jet. The VS would probably support up to 8 - 15 GPM jets but that is about it.

3) Almost any large HP pump will do. You don't need a VS though for the spa. One option is to have a separate jet pump from the circulation. Again, the size and type depends on the jets chosen so you really need to do that before thinking about any pump.

4) Waterway are perhaps the most common and have a lot of different features and flow rates. Keep in mind though that high flow rate jets could force you into multiple pumps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.