Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hydrazzo French Gray - Anyone?

1. Back To Top    #1

Hydrazzo French Gray - Anyone?

Hi there- We're nearing the end of our pool project and I hope to post photos of the process soon but for now I have a question. We had originally selected Hydrazzo French Gray for our plaster based on photos and samples. Now our builder is saying that it will read green, which we don't want. There are no pools in our area that we can visit and we have a call in to the regional Hydrazzo rep. Does anyone out there happen to have Hydrazzo French Gray? Photos? Does it show green or blue? I know it depends, but I haven't seen any photo of it that reads green. Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hydrazzo French Gray - Anyone?

Sorry for the slow reply.

I disagree from the pics (hundreds of finish colors) that he is right. Based on what I've seen, Tans and Browns usuall read green water. Grey usually reads a nice blue. Here is just one photo of Hydrazzo FG.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Central MD

Agreed. Any gray plaster I've seen creates blue pool water not green (note that it will likely look green at the beginning before the filtration is on).
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. Saltwater w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, salt cell, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Groundbreaking: 2/14/13 | Plaster: 5/21/2013 | First Swim: 5/30/2013

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you for your replies! The pool is filling now so it's all over but the cryin'. I do hope to post photos of the process in the near future. We used a highly recommended builder and I think we were just one of those projects where nothing goes the way it's supposed to. They have done their best to make things right along the way, but the process has taken significantly more involvement from us than we anticipated.

5. Back To Top    #5

Dallas TX

shmatbert, I know this is an old thread, just wondering if you finished your pool and have photos to share? Interested in hydrazzo
    IG ~12000 gallon 1988 freeform pool with in-ground spa, Hayward equipment, Ecostar pump. Getting ready to remodel it:

6. Back To Top    #6

Riverside, California

I'm also interest in the Hydrazzo finish!!