Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: push pull valve

1. Back To Top    #1

push pull valve

I have leaking Pentair push pull valve and just purchased an O'ring kit for it. How do you get it apart to replace the small O'ring at the top?

Thanks in advance for help.
    15,000 gallon plaster pool with spa and water fall, 250 Pentair MiniMax Plus Heater
    Nautilus FNS FIberglass D.E. Filter 48 Sq ft, Leslie's DPD Complete Chlorine Kit + TFTestkits Chlorine & CCs Kit.
    Oak trees overhanging most of pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: push pull valve

The top under the handle unscrews. It may take some force to get it to move.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Got it. I already had the cap unscrewed and the stem out I needed to get the small O'ring off and replace it. You have to bang the roll pin in the handle out with hammer and punch to get to it.
    15,000 gallon plaster pool with spa and water fall, 250 Pentair MiniMax Plus Heater
    Nautilus FNS FIberglass D.E. Filter 48 Sq ft, Leslie's DPD Complete Chlorine Kit + TFTestkits Chlorine & CCs Kit.
    Oak trees overhanging most of pool

4. Back To Top    #4

Glad you got it figured out. Sorry I didn't realize the specific one you were asking about.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I have a similar issue. Pentair Nautilus FNS DE filter with a push pull valve has a leak--kind of a dribble leak coming from the top. I bought the replacement O-rings and got it back into place. Still leaking! I'm guessing that I installed that really little O-ring incorrectly. The bottom 3 are easy to replace, but I didn't even see a top O-ring (hence the leak) so I had to guess where it went. See the pictures. Once I replaced the bottom 3 O-rings and put the push pull valve back into place, I unscrewed the top 2 screws and took off the handle part. I had to wrap the O-ring around all the things until it ended up sitting between the handle and the flat surface. Is this the correct place? The water is seeping through that area still. BTW--I did use the lube on all the O-rings.

Picture Link: https://goo.gl/photos/VvVYxt4Y6hCww98QA

Please let me know if anyone can help guide me -- it's the first time I've ever changed any O-rings and thought I did a good job.
    16,000 gal Pebble Sheen pool w/ spa, Jandy Aqualink, Hayward Salt system, 60 SF DE Filter, Hayward Gas Heater, Caretaker In-floor pop-up cleaning system.
    2hp Whisperflow for filter, 2hp Dynaglass for booster, 2hp for blower, 1hp Dynaglass for scuppers.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

No if you drive out the roll pin and slide the shaft out you will see a groove in the top cap where the little O-ring goes.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit