Problems with pool replaster during work

May 3, 2013
Ok I was taking pictures to post on here to show the work as it progresses. Problem is my pool co that the owner sold themselves as being hands on owners and that he would be here EVERY day has turned into him not showing up three days later.

The work appears to be good but I paid way above competing bids being assured I wouldn't have to babysit a bunch of workers who do not speak English in my yard.

One guy did about 50 coping and all the tile work himself yesterday starting at 8AM and finishing at 9pm. Once again co owner was nowhere to be found and nobody else taking his place.

Problem is they laid the tile and grouted the same day. Then to make things worse it rained all night starting about 1/2 hour after he left. It hasn't stopped 12 hours later. Of course nobody covered anything. You have to laugh as it never rains in SOCAL.

Owner finally shows up today with his big story and list of excuses. If I had that many excuses when it came time to pay I wonder how he would feel??

How do you think the rain effected the tile work? The cement on the coping I will assume is fine as it is cement??

I can't stand this whole sublet everything in SOCAL deal. I hate even more when a Co sells themselves as being one hands on and then have a huge attitude saying what is the big deal anyway. I paid almost $2500 more that is the big deal.

Sorry, what do you think will happen with tile?? They used Latacrete products.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.