Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Old pool - Identifying Jet Replacements

1. Back To Top    #1

Old pool - Identifying Jet Replacements

Hello. Can anyone please help me identify the jet nozzles I need for my old pool? Here are some pictures of one of the inlets. In one picture I cut a piece of wire to 1-1/2 inch to get an idea of what I might need.

Imgur pictures:

I attempted to measure and guess the correct fitting.... I ordered these from amazon:
    Hayward SP1419D White 3/4-Inch Opening Hydrostream Directional Flow Inlet Fitting with 1-1/2-Inch MIP Thread
    Unfortunately... they do not fit! It seems that the threads are hitting the first circle (not threads) you can sort of see in the inlet. Basically its going in, twisting, but not catching.

If anyone has any idea... I would greatly appreciate it!

Last edited by aaron832; 01-31-2014 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Attachments not working that great. Using IMGUR instead.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Old pool - Identifying Jet Replacements

The threads are standard 1.5" pipe threads. That's a common size for eyeball fittings. It looks like that fitting takes a trim ring. So it will probably take either type.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Old pool - Identifying Jet Replacements

Wow ok... so considering I have a SwimQuip pool light... I figured I might take a look to see what swim quip had for inlets. This is what I found:

It kind of makes sense too because of the 4 bolt things around the ring.... god... so expensive....