Pool Draining Pump

Awesome, thanks...Since I have to repair the plaster once it is empty, I am going to drain all the way. I will test my tap water (fill water) and post the results to get recommendations on chemicals I will need to add right away upon re-filling.

I would:
Fill and get the water circulating.
Get CYA dissolving targeting 30ppm.
Add 2ppm of FC.
After an hour, test everything except CYA to determine what else needs adjusting.

So I drained my pool this past weekend and it is now full again. I tested my FC before the drain and it was off the charts high (25 ppm). I guess having 3 tablets in the pool during the winter in AZ is far too many. I ended up draining about 3/4 of the water and refilling. Right now my levels are as follows:

FC: 4.5
TA: 100
CYA: 60
PH: 7.2-7.5 range

These all appear to be OK to me, but is there anything anyone would suggest adding? Thanks for all the help!

I'm guessing that it's concrete that was refinished in fiberglass. Just follow the guidelines for fiberglass pools. If you have iron, you could add a sequestrant. Poolschool has lots of good information about proper chemistry.

I would recommend that you change from using trichlor as your primary source for chlorine

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.