Using a Intellitouch to control pool lighting.

Jan 9, 2014
Getting a Pentair intellitouch controll/load center and after reading manuals and some post here I am a little confused.The pool will have 3 Pentair intellibrite 5g led lights and 3 led luminairs jets. To get a light show I know the panel will control through one transformer to accomplish this. But do I need to run a separate transformers and relays for each light to get individual control or a sequence lighting?

In order to control the lights individually or in multiple groups, you'll need a transformer for each individual or group of lights you want to control.
For instance, if you wanted to control all three pool lights individually you'd need 3 transformers and 3 intellibrite controllers. If you wanted to control the 3 pool lights together and the 3 luminaire jets together you'd need two transformers and two controllers. If you want to control everything separately you'll need a transformer and controller for each one for a total of 6 transformers and controllers.

Isn't the 5G controller built into the IntelliTouch panel the same as a EasyTouch panel??? Check the IntelliTouch manual

The EasyTouch panel will allow you to select the different 5G lighting effects by toggling the 5G relay the proper number of times for each effect.

You can have one transfomer hot 24/7 with each 5G lights being switched by it's own relay. It is a matter of where in the circuit you place the relay.

Isn't the 5G controller built into the IntelliTouch panel the same as a EasyTouch panel??? Check the IntelliTouch manual

The EasyTouch panel will allow you to select the different 5G lighting effects by toggling the 5G relay the proper number of times for each effect.

You can have one transfomer hot 24/7 with each 5G lights being switched by it's own relay. It is a matter of where in the circuit you place the relay.

Yes, the Intellitouch has the built in controller but the diagram is a bit hazy for individual control. Using the relays makes sense for each light from one transformer. So to get this cleared up I should go from my power supply to the transformer then come out of the low voltage side to a relay then to a light for each one?

Got a little confused with how the manual stated the different shows for groups of lights but nothing on sequencing one at a time. :brickwall:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.