Changing shape slightly after permit is issued?

I doubt it as long as you don't get too close to any of the "no fly zones". For safest answer, ask your city inspector. (my city doesn't care as long as you don't try anything sneaky).

If the change is still conforming there should be no troubles, and in the worst case would require an amendment to the plans. On other construction I've seen this done with handwritten notes and arrows. However as hinted with "no fly zones"... if you happened to violate a property line setback, or violate the angle of repose of an adjacent structure, it could get bad for you.

In our case we added a step and changed some curves on the fly when they shot the shell. All inside the perimeter of the pool shown on the plans. The inspector never said a word about it. However, in other (non pool) construction we once made some minor changes to a structure and the inspector made us get a letter from the architect before OK'ing it. In the end it is often at the sole discretion of the inspector... so my policy to inspectors is to ALWAYS be friendly and polite, NEVER be evasive, but DON'T volunteer information they have not asked for.

We applied for permits, and then added a spa mid-stream. The electrical permits had already been issued. Our PB spoke with the city, and informed us they would not require re-permitting for electrical, and allowed us to submit the modified design drawings to the city while keeping our place in line. If you can get the PB to negotiate this, you may not have to re-do anything. But again, every city is different, so best to get your PB to close with the city's permit department.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.