NEW Gunite IG pool - West Texas

It's not complete. Weather hasn't been compliant enough for much plumbing work to be completed.

OK thx, It doesn't look like he will use a "looped" system for the returns. One end is already capped.

I haven't the slightest clue. I'll post more info when more is done.

the purpose of a looped system is pressure equalization correct?

Yes, It seems that some PB use it and some do not. My particular PB uses it. Thx.

Thank you. I'll check with mine on his thoughts regarding it. I ask every question you guys think up, and see what his answer is. If the answer makes sense I move on, if it doesn't I press it a little more. So far he's made sense on things.

They worked for a little bit today... They stopped on the last seat of the spa as they didn't know exactly what the PB wanted to do on the last seat. I'm compromising at two Venturi jets instead of a quad pack.

Of course now the wife sees it and wants the jetting to be symmetrical. So they will be redoing the other end to match I guess.

I spoke with my mason, he will start working on the rest of the fence next sat. It's going to be raised to 8ft. And reinforced a little. He's going to try and stay out of the pool guys way.

Noticed something funny when we were looking at the tile we picked out.

Wife picked out tile color. I picked car color. Lol

Thanks. I uploaded from my phone. the image looked a lot better on that than it does my work machine...but you get the idea. Basically both the tile and the car change colors, and the colors match each other at different lights. Kinda comical.

anyway, that's the tile we're going with.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A Lotus...no wonder I didn't know! Very cool, I bet there aren't many of those around here.

My fave color is Blue, and if you like it that much, I sure hope you are getting some very blue pool water color. :lol:

A Lotus...no wonder I didn't know! Very cool, I bet there aren't many of those around here.

My fave color is Blue, and if you like it that much, I sure hope you are getting some very blue pool water color. :lol:

Yeah, there's this one, and then there's a guy over in midland that owns 2. I have a front "clamshell" to one of his cars from the Prev. Owner. Oh and there was a red one in Big Spring. He may have sold it by now.

Water color will be very traditional. There was quite a bit of back and forth, I contemplated doing exactly what you are doing with the plaster mixing. In the end we decided to stick with plain white.

I'm in BS a lot and haven't seen one for sure. Not in Midland either, but I don't get into to town much. :D

I can't remember the name of the business they own, IIRC it's over by Abuelos. He bought one for his wife (my buddies car) and then liked it so much he bought himself an Exige. He believes the Exige is a racecar so he rarely drives it on the street. His wife used to drive hers frequently.

Red one in BS was a MD, who apparently couldn't drive a stick. I believe he sold it.

Mine has an aftermarket supercharger, which in theory ups the HP to ~300. Car weighs less than a ton.

No work has occured on the pool. My wife believes they aren't messing with it since they are waiting on concrete...of course I'm a "go-getter" when it comes to projects so I believe they should be getting as much done in this time as possible. They apparently aren't of the same mindset.

No work has occured on the pool. My wife believes they aren't messing with it since they are waiting on concrete...of course I'm a "go-getter" when it comes to projects so I believe they should be getting as much done in this time as possible. They apparently aren't of the same mindset.

Let me tell ya, if they worked a 40 hour week on these pools, they could get them done in two weeks EASY, barring weather delays. But, in reality, they work on 2-3-4-5 or whatever at a time, so it will never happen. When is his best guess on shooting the shell?

I love the color blue you've picked for the tile. Also enjoying the thread. At least we don't have cold weather to delay us, that's something.
Thank you. Yeah I'm hoping they will knock it out soon.

Let me tell ya, if they worked a 40 hour week on these pools, they could get them done in two weeks EASY, barring weather delays. But, in reality, they work on 2-3-4-5 or whatever at a time, so it will never happen. When is his best guess on shooting the shell?
That's exactly what I thought. I wish they'd come and work a week straight. As it'd be near completion. My brick guy is ready to go on the fence. So that's another thing on my mind. He's going to start on the rest of the perimeter Saturday.

The wife is going to call PB today and ask about concrete day. And give suggestion on spa jets.

I can vouch for that! My PB finished in 17days (3 rain days)...but, I think it helps if the subs get cash after a days work. Funny how it makes them a bit more eager to come back.

Got the Projected Gunite day as 2/27/14. I'm crossing my fingers. PB said he's also on the list if anyone before him cancels. (I see cancellations as unlikely, but hey...gives you something to hope for).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.