Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Build Fort Worth, Texas

1. Back To Top    #1

New Build Fort Worth, Texas

Hi there I am new to this forum and wanted to get my info on here! Looks like a great site to get help and see other pools in progress. Here are our specs and a few pics. They are shooting gunite tomorrow!

Saltwater Pool:
    51'.5" X 30'.3" Free form custom gunite pool
    Depths: 3'.5" x 5' x 9'
    Est Gallons: 55,000
    Perimeter: 151'
    Area: 1254'
    3 Benches
    2 Tanning Ledges
    4 Colorlogic LED pool lights
    3 Flagstone scuppers
    4 Propane fire bowls
    Stonescapes finish in Midnight Blue
    Flagstone coping

Spa:
    12'.5" x 7'
    Raised 24" with stack rock facing
    Tiered Spillway
    Rolled neck in tile
    8 jets
    1 color logic LED light

Decking:
    1604sqft
    skins pattern 2 colors
    retaining walls and steps with built in LED lights
    18" raised propane fire pit
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Build Fort Worth, Texas

Wow! Amazing design! Good luck with your build. They are digging mine today .
    Build Complete! : 111ft pool + 8.5x5.5ft spa (12" raised), ~22k gallons, Shotcrete, Stonescapes MiniPebble (Aqua Blue), 3 scuppers, 3 bubblers, Large Tanning Ledge, Long Bench, Pentair: Intelliflow 3050 VS, 1.5HP WhisperFlow (scuppers), Quad 100 DE filter, MasterTemp 400k, IC60 SWG, Intellichem+Acid Tank, 2HP Silencer Blower, travertine decking (~680ft2), dry stack flagstone raised wall / spa spillway

3. Back To Top    #3

Wow!! That is going to be a beauty. Make sure you post a lot of pictures. In two days we will be starting the 7th month of our build with two more to go. Did they give you an estimate for completion?

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Wow, looks massive. Very Nice!
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

5. Back To Top    #5

Proof that EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas....
    IG, 18K gallons, 100' Perimeter, 565 SF surface area, 980sf interior area, Max Length -36', Max Width - 16', Pentair 520 Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter, Stenner Chemical Injection System (Chlorine, Acid Coming Soon) , Pebble Tech - Blue Granite, Pentair variable speed filter pump, Zodiac MX8 Cleaner, Multi-Colored LED Lighting, Travertine coping & Decking, Boulder Water Fall....

6. Back To Top    #6

Nice looking design! that is going to be an awesome pool. Not too many have diving boards, but we will too.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

7. Back To Top    #7

7 Months!! WOW!!! Completion date is hopefully sometime at the beginning of March (pending our crazy weather here in Texas)!!

8. Back To Top    #8

This is going to be fun to watch! Lots of pics please!
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

That thing is massive! Good luck with your build.
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

10. Back To Top    #10

Ok I am trying to upload photos and it is not letting me… I just realized there is a size limit and I guess my first 2 photos reached that limit. I just switched to a Mac and I am not sure how to resize my photos?? So many threads on here have tons of pictures…How do they do that??

11. Back To Top    #11

Very cool design. Massive pool. Good luck!!

12. Back To Top    #12

I use photo bucket. I have 182 pictures of my pool build (and still counting). When you go to page 1 (first post)of my thread, you click on the link and see all the pictures. Also, I think if you become a paying member, your availability to post more pictures also increases.

13. Back To Top    #13

You can also upload to photobucket, and then add a link to each pic in your post (go to the picture in photobucket, click on IMG to copy the image URL, and paste that URL in your post). The pics will then show up in-line in your post.
    Build Complete! : 111ft pool + 8.5x5.5ft spa (12" raised), ~22k gallons, Shotcrete, Stonescapes MiniPebble (Aqua Blue), 3 scuppers, 3 bubblers, Large Tanning Ledge, Long Bench, Pentair: Intelliflow 3050 VS, 1.5HP WhisperFlow (scuppers), Quad 100 DE filter, MasterTemp 400k, IC60 SWG, Intellichem+Acid Tank, 2HP Silencer Blower, travertine decking (~680ft2), dry stack flagstone raised wall / spa spillway

14. Back To Top    #14

Now that is one big pool. Makes my build look like a bathtub.

15. Back To Top    #15

I use Flickr to host pics in my thread. Upload the pics to my Flickr account, click the "share" button, and choose "BBB code" as share method and it gives me the code to cut and paste into my TFP thread inline with my text.

Looks like it will be a great pool!
    35,000 gallon gunite pool, semi-T-shaped, 29x15 shallow end and 16x22 deep end, built in the mid-1970s and renovated 2013-2014 // Polaris 9300 Sport robotic cleaner // Taylor K-2006 ... Learning as we go and so grateful to everyone here for their help! Our reno thread

16. Back To Top    #16

Woohoo! Another one to watch! That's going to be beautiful!
    Finally Done! - 21x34 IG, SWCG, depth - 3.6 - 4.6 - 6.6, Pentair IntelliFlow 3050 vs+svrs, 60 sq ft Pentair DE Filter, 400k BTU Heater, Polaris 280 w/.75 hp booster pump, Pentair EasyTouch wireless, 38 sq ft raised spa, wet edge Barbados quartz finish - ODK w/36 in Napoleon grill

17. Back To Top    #17

Wow! What a great looking pool!!!

Let me know if you try using Flickr and still have problems.

I look forward to watching your build!
    Build is Done!: 18'x40' diving pool, depth 3'6" x 9', 104' perimeter, ~24k gallons, spa (6 jets), raised wall (3 scuppers), tanning ledge, Pentair IntelliFlo 3050 VS+SVRS, Pentair Clean & Clear 520 cartridge filter, Pentair MasterTemp 400 BTU heater, Polaris QT 1.5 HP blower, Pentair Intellichlor IC60 SWG, IntelliBrite 5G lights, Pentair EasyTouch 8 with Screenlogic2, 504 sq ft Roman Slate textured deck, Aqua Blue StoneScapes finish

18. Back To Top    #18

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. Finally figured out Photobucket. Here are pics from the beginning. We are stuck at rock work due to the crazy weather here in Texas. Snow on the ground and 25 today but workers will be working Sat and Sun since it will be in the 60's

http://s75.photobucket.com/user/gige...ploads/2014-02

19. Back To Top    #19

Very Very nice. You will love Photobucket. I have 182 pictures in mine and I am still adding pictures as the build continues. I see you have a lot of open area and neighbors. Are you going to do anything different with your perimeter fence?

20. Back To Top    #20

We cannot have privacy fences per our HOA. That is why we built up around the pool with the retaining walls and the back part of the pool.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast