troublefreepool.com pointing to a "still down" web page

It's still doing the same thing for me today -- without the "www." it goes to the "The forum is currently down..." page. If there's a way to fix that, it would be good to do for anyone typing that in. Fortunately, the link from Google and other search engines has the "www." that gets to the right place.

On the plus side, the new Home page looks great! I'm glad that was able to be created.

It is definitely broke...

If you go to http://troublefreepool.com it goes to the page saying the site will be back up on Jan 27. If you go to http://www.troublefreepool.com it goes to the correct site. It is a DNS issue. The root domain "A" record (troublefreepool.com) without the www needs to be updated to point to the correct hosting server.

Doing a nslookup (domain to ip lookup) it shows the following. I have also tried the following on a few different DNS servers. It is wrong everywhere I have checked. Different computers and ISP's...

C:\Users\rb>nslookup
Default Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address: 8.8.8.8

> troublefreepool.com
Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: troublefreepool.com
Address: 50.57.175.157

> www.troublefreepool.com
Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com

Name: www.troublefreepool.com
Address: 162.242.173.43

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It is working for me now too, using my isp's dns server. Here is what I get:

> troublefreepool.com
Server: resolver.qwest.net
Address: 205.171.2.65

Name: troublefreepool.com

> www.troublefreepool.com
Server: resolver.qwest.net
Address: 205.171.2.65

Name: www.troublefreepool.com

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.