Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Search Function Frustration

1. Back To Top    #1
    SW Louisiana

Search Function Frustration

Is there anything that can be done to make the search function more useful.

I have tried a number of searches since the big switch over and can't find anything. Mostly it seems the search function is dropping all the common words in the search term, and returning hundreds of non-relevant hits on the remaining term or two.

For example I recently tried to search for "hot tub flush" and once the words hot and tub were removed from the search I ended up with 500 hits for the word flush. I also don't see a way to limit the search to a single sub-forum, but suspect that is hidden somewhere.

Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

2. Back To Top    #2
    Eastern Ohio

Re: Search Function Frustration

I tend to remember Jason saying the plan was that in a few days (after Google updates it's search for the new software) that the site will swap back to google for its search. Give it a few days.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Search Function Frustration

As Leebo says, Google still has the old URLs cached, and so is returning results that don't work. Once they refresh their cache up (several days) I will switch the default search back to Google.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School