Winter storm warning and loss of electricity.

We were hit by it today here in Louisiana, nothing severe, but some roads closed due to ice, etc. and did loose power for 4 or 5 hours with the temperatures were in the 20's. I am just thankful to have a standby generator, I remember when I had it hooked up the electrician thought I was crazy to want the pool pump connected to it. In the event of a power loss without a generator about the best you can do is to drain the filter and the pump (there will be drain plugs on the pump, at least 2 maybe 4)

Ike

What is your water temp and expected air temps?

I'd figure out where all the drains are on your filter and pump and anything else that has water in it now while you can see. Those things above ground are the biggest concern for freezing.

Whether you need to be concerned about the skimmer depends on how it's installed and what the temps are.

How long would it be below freezing? Likely it is not cold enough for long enough for anything to happen even if you did not run the pump at all. Takes many hours for a 2" pipe to freeze solid ... especially if you had a tarp over it to block the wind.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.