New Pump or Rebuild Potential?

jragan

Jul 18, 2012
Fort Worth, Tx
Howdy,
have a vacation home with a pool pump that has recently started having issues. We're not out there a lot but we were there this past weekend and I noticed we had a low water situation (pool level had fallen below skimmers) and the pump was running. I immediately killed the pump and filled the pool and restarted the pump which primed and pumped but was somewhat loud. That was Saturday. Now, Tuesday, I just got a call from the pool company because the neighbor next door called them complaining that my pump was screaming and the repair guy said he could hear my pump while driving up the block (windows closed) from two doors down. He says I need a new pump and wants to sell me a new shiny Hayward. I want to know if my existing pump can be rebuilt.

Unfortunately I'm not at the house currently so I can't record any audio or give any other details. But I can make the trip if need be.

Do you think a repair kit will help me or am I SOL??

Thanks!
Jeremy

- - - Updated - - -

Main Pool
Rectangular Pool/Spa Combo (same height) // Jandy RS8 Controller w/iAquaLink // Jandy VS Flow Pro Pump + Booster
Vacation Pool
Rectangular Pool/Spa Combo (elevated spa) // Jandy RS4 Controller w/iAquaLink // Jandy Stealth Pump (old) + Booster

You should be able to just replace the motor. You could replace witha variable speed motor and then run it at low speed to save electric. Ecotech vs motors seem to be relatively inexpensive. I've replace my motor 3 times on my pump. I would buy new impeller as mine when I replaced it on the new motor cracked. You might need new bolts and adapter plate for the motor too depending on the pump type and if you can get the bolts off.

It is possible to rebuild the motor by putting new bearings into it.
Although I would suggest just getting a new 2-speed motor as a much cheaper option than an entirely new pump.

So I may have run into a snag. I'm not currently on-site at this pool to verify for myself, but I might be out of relays...

Given that I currently have:
  • Jandy IQ904-PS which includes:
    • iAquaLink Kit
    • RS-PS4 Board
    • Rev R Chip
    • 6612F Power Center
    • 4 Relays
    • Antenna
    • (2) JVA 2444 Actuator Valves
  • Blower
  • Main Filter Pump
  • Polaris Booster Pump
  • Pool & Spa Lights (wired together)
  • Heater

Am I out of relays to be able to integrate the new Jandy 2-speed relay which requires connection to the existing Main pump feed and a plugging into a new relay for low-speed control?

If so, can relays be added?

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.