Hey all -
I've gone ahead and sketched out what I will simply call v1.0.
Large baja shelf with 3 color bubblers
4 color laminars in the deck
8' diameter spa raised 18" with spillway, 2 levels of seating
2 fire bowls
We found a really great paver company with an amazing rate, so we're going to do poured in place coping then pavers for the decking.
As for equipment, here's what we're thinking:
- Pentair IC40 SWG
- Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Flow Pump (011012)
- 2x Pentair 601012 IntelliBrite 5g Color LED Pool Light
- 1x Pentair 640122 IntelliBrite 5g Color LED Spa Light
- 4x Pentair 580001B MagicStream LED Laminar
- Pentair T40FG Autofill Automatic Water Filler with Fluidmaster Valve
- StaRite S8D110 DE Filter
- Pentair 460736 MasterTemp 400,000 BTU, Natural Gas, Pool and Spa Heater
1) I don't think this pump is enough to run the filtration + spa jets + bubblers + laminars at the same time, is it? What additional pump(s) would you suggest?
2) Is the Pentair 011012 VF much better than the 011018 VS? Given we want as much automation as possible, does the remote control system make up for the difference in features between these two pumps?
3) Is 8 jets enough in the 8' dia. spa? Can we bump it up to 12 and get 4 in the lower-seat area (where the jet would hit the back of your legs)?
4) The Pentair 600054 IntelliBrite Controller is required, right?
5) Should we go with 3" plumbing, or 2.5"?
6) What's the best remote control system (with iphone support would be great) that is compatible with our equipment choices?
7) What equipment did we miss?
8) What would you change with the layout..shape.. design?
9) What suggestions do you have?
The "Garage" you see in the diagram is actually a 32'x30' barn. Eventually, we'll finish the interior and make it a really awesome pool house.
Larger pool design diagram: http://i.imgur.com/8O80PdX.png