Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is there a "My Posts" link like the old forum?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is there a "My Posts" link like the old forum?

Is there a "My Posts" link like the old forum so there is a one-click way to check and see if someone has answered your question or contributed to one of your topics.

The changes look great and are pleasing on the eye.

G
    21K gal 16' x 40' in-ground pool built 1959, old school with Jacuzzi bronze pump, American Products 24" Sand Filter & Americana Multiport valve, Jandy Lite2 millivolt heater, Coverstar cover, and classic Kreepy Krauly.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is there a "My Posts" links like the old forum?

In the upper right hand corner there is a "Notifications" tab.......does it now show a 1??

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Is there a "My Posts" link like the old forum?

You want the "Settings" in the upper right. That shows your subscribed threads and new PMs.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    You want the "Settings" in the upper right. That shows your subscribed threads and new PMs.
    It doesn't appear that any of the previously subscribed threads have been pulled over to the new forum software so you'll only see threads that you subscribe to from now on out.
    38'x24' freeform IG gunite, 26k gallons, 3.5' - 7'
    8t Moss rock waterfall with gunite slide
    SWCG, 2 x 2.7hp Hayward Tristar pumps, booster pump, 425 sqft cartridge, 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris Black Max 280, ProLogic PS8 & Aquapod

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: Is there a "My Posts" links like the old forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Leebo View Post
    In the upper right hand corner there is a "Notifications" tab.......does it now show a 1??

No.

I was in the topic doing a minor edit at the same time you posted so if it automatically deletes that notification by the refresh I did, it might have been there, but I may have essentially cancelled it.

I'm guessing (without looking), that there may be a setting for the system to send a notification when someone comments on a topic you originated. Would that also work for topics you do not originate, but have contributed comments?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cbink View Post
    It doesn't appear that any of the previously subscribed threads have been pulled over to the new forum software so you'll only see threads that you subscribe to from now on out.
    OK. Thanks.
    21K gal 16' x 40' in-ground pool built 1959, old school with Jacuzzi bronze pump, American Products 24" Sand Filter & Americana Multiport valve, Jandy Lite2 millivolt heater, Coverstar cover, and classic Kreepy Krauly.

6. Back To Top    #6

On the upper right, click on the "My Profile" tab. It brings up all the messages you've replied to.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

7. Back To Top    #7

This is something that I am trying to figure out how to get used to. I liked "My Posts" so I could see the threads I was helping.
    Over here I turned off Subscriptions as I do not want to track them all, but that would be one method to do it.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

Sorry to bother, but is there a way to edit topics in the new forum?
    Pearland, TX build ongoing. Freeform pool with Spa. Estimate finish 1st week March, 2014
    Dimensions 37 x 24 x 17 feet. Spa is 8ft round. Approx. 20,000 gallons.
    Variable speed Jandy pump, Jandy Cartridge filter. Aqua pure salt water system. Polaris 280 (black) 3 LED Lights: 2 pool, one Spa.
    Pebblesheen. Blue Granite. Travertine decking and coping.

9. Back To Top    #9

I know moderators can ... not sure about regular members. There is a link to edit below every post.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

10. Back To Top    #10

i found it! there is a new advanced tab. Thanks for your read.
    Pearland, TX build ongoing. Freeform pool with Spa. Estimate finish 1st week March, 2014
    Dimensions 37 x 24 x 17 feet. Spa is 8ft round. Approx. 20,000 gallons.
    Variable speed Jandy pump, Jandy Cartridge filter. Aqua pure salt water system. Polaris 280 (black) 3 LED Lights: 2 pool, one Spa.
    Pebblesheen. Blue Granite. Travertine decking and coping.

11. Back To Top    #11

My Posts is sort of there. Go to your nam after the Welcome. Click on that and then under your name on the left there is a "find latest posts." Gets you to your most recent posts, but not as easy to tell if someone has responded since your last response. I used My Posts (or maybe it was Your Posts) a lot and so far that is the thing I miss most on the new format. I'm sure it is just a matter of learning a new way to do things.
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

12. Back To Top    #12

hmmm, I take that back. Does not see like "Find latest posts" is reliable. Shows some but not all postings tonight. I guess I have more learning to do with this new site.
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

13. Back To Top    #13

I think the "My Activity" listing comes closest to the former functionality but it's formatted in a way that the poster's name is placed so prominently in front of each listing that the listing is very very difficult to scan to see which of your topics was commented on.

The old "My Posts" (or whatever it was titled), placed the Title of the topic first, making that information most prominent, since that's really the first piece of information your brain want's to see and it was easy to scan to see which of your topic had new comments.

The current "New Posts" listing is an example of how by listing the Topic prominently and making the name of the poster less prominent, it makes it easy to scan and select your topic of interest. Imagine if that screen placed the name of the person in the largest, boldest text, and the topics were made very small. I think it's usability would be far worse.

I realize the new forum format may be a work in progress and my comments are not meant to criticize but to provide positive hopefully valuable feedback. I can imagine the work to get it to this point was enormous.

14. Back To Top    #14

It is enormous no doubt, and just a change for us all. We'll get used to it, but there are so many things that are so much better, we'll forget the old one before you know it.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

15. Back To Top    #15

"Quick Links" then "Subscribed Threads" is closest to the "My Posts" option on the old software. I use "Settings" which has the same thing plus PMs.
    TFP Moderator
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    "Quick Links" then "Subscribed Threads" is closest to the "My Posts" option on the old software. I use "Settings" which has the same thing plus PMs.
    Thanks for pointing out the different paths to "Subscriptions".

Looks like the presentation of Subscriptions is different depending on the way you get there.

If you get there by "My Profile>My Activitiy>Subscriptions", they're displayed with your name leading the posting title - which I find very difficult to read.

However if you get there by "Settings>Subscriptions(Left side of page)", they're displayed with the posting title leading - which I find much easier to scan.

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by gtemkin View Post
    Thanks for pointing out the different paths to "Subscriptions".

Looks like the presentation of Subscriptions is different depending on the way you get there.

If you get there by "My Profile>My Activitiy>Subscriptions", they're displayed with your name leading the posting title - which I find very difficult to read.

However if you get there by "Settings>Subscriptions(Left side of page)", they're displayed with the posting title leading - which I find much easier to scan.
    What I do, and my needs are a little different because of moderator stuff, is to save a bookmark/favorite to several different places in the forum so I can go right where I want without going through menus. I have a link to "New Posts" so I can check to see if anything needs moderated, and I have a link to "Settings" to see what is going on in threads I have participated in.
    TFP Moderator

18. Back To Top    #18

Another thing is there are built in "hints" on posts you have replied to and have subscribed to. I use the "New Posts" button and just look at these. I can see if I've replied in the past, or if there's a new post.

1. If the envelope is blue there are unread posts, but you have not subscribed to this thread
    2. If the envelope is grey and closed, there are no unread posts
    3. If it's red and unopened the thread is a popular thread, with no new posts
    4. If it's red and opened the thread is a popular thread, with new posts
    5. If there is an arrow next to any envelope it means you have posted in the thread
    6. If there is a green check mark to the right of the threads title it means you have subscribed to this thread.