Welcome to our new look!

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
We have been working all weekend on a major upgrade to the forum. Final trim and detail work is not yet complete, but we thought it was time to let you all back in to the site :)

We know that the transition to the new software is going to be a little rocky, but it has many new features, is a much better base for long term growth and gives us a lot more flexibility going forward.

I hope you like it!

Reactions: Patrick_B
JasonLion is a modest man. I want y'all to be aware of the monumental task he has completed this weekend......transferring 60,000 members, well over 500,000 posts and a whole host of things that are easy to say but the nuts and bolts of doing them takes an extraordinary person with extraordinary computer skills.

I feel privileged to know Jason and we are all blessed to have someone with his talent of which he gives so freely.

There's a lot more work to do. Let's help him by following his direction and learning the new structure as much as we can on our own. For now, please don't post questions like, " I want to change my avatar but don't know how" Let's work on the pressing probloems to get the forum back smoothly.

The Mods are all working behind the scenes on some admin fixes but we will also be working with you on Member issues over the next few weeks until we finally get ourselves completely up and running on this new (to us) and powerful software.

Looking good! You've done a great job.

Had to adjust my time setting.
To do it: Under Settings (upper right of screen), then General Settings on the left side of the screen, scroll down to Date and Time Settings. I set it to my time zone (eastern). All is well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It looks great! I'm finding a few small things here and there and sending PMs to site administrator about them as I find them. Great job and obviously a lot of work to make the transition as smooth as it was.
Yup ... we are all finding little quirks and trying to figure out how to use this. Thanks for your help, I am sure JL appreciates your findings.

I was wondering why Tapatalk wasn't connecting last night (trying to think of summer in these sub-zero temps). It looks great, hope any bugs work out easily! Best pool forum and one of the best forums entirely, and it keeps getting better!

So does anybody know what the green rectangles are and why, when you roll over them, do they say "-username- in on a distinguished road"?

They are some sort of Reputation meter ... we are not exactly sure how that is going to work out :) You can click the Star below a post to give "props".

JL should have turned Tapatalk back on this morning. I can not try it now, see if it works for you and report back.

Tapatalk is working now. It was just last night when I assume the entire site was probably still down.

The reputation meter could be quite useful. Can't wait for warm weather to see how everything works when everyone comes back. Of course, I just can't wait for warm weather period at this point!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.