Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to our new look!

1. Back To Top    #1

Welcome to our new look!

We have been working all weekend on a major upgrade to the forum. Final trim and detail work is not yet complete, but we thought it was time to let you all back in to the site

We know that the transition to the new software is going to be a little rocky, but it has many new features, is a much better base for long term growth and gives us a lot more flexibility going forward.

I hope you like it!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Welcome to our new look!

Thanks for all your efforts!
    Looks good - just finding my feet still on it!
    38'x24' freeform IG gunite, 26k gallons, 3.5' - 7'
    8t Moss rock waterfall with gunite slide
    SWCG, 2 x 2.7hp Hayward Tristar pumps, booster pump, 425 sqft cartridge, 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris Black Max 280, ProLogic PS8 & Aquapod

3. Back To Top    #3

lol it will take a little adjustment on our part but you guys keep on improving. Great work
    Nathan
    15x30 gunite 18k gallons Hayward star clear plus 120sqft cart

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

JasonLion is a modest man. I want y'all to be aware of the monumental task he has completed this weekend......transferring 60,000 members, well over 500,000 posts and a whole host of things that are easy to say but the nuts and bolts of doing them takes an extraordinary person with extraordinary computer skills.

I feel privileged to know Jason and we are all blessed to have someone with his talent of which he gives so freely.

There's a lot more work to do. Let's help him by following his direction and learning the new structure as much as we can on our own. For now, please don't post questions like, " I want to change my avatar but don't know how" Let's work on the pressing probloems to get the forum back smoothly.

The Mods are all working behind the scenes on some admin fixes but we will also be working with you on Member issues over the next few weeks until we finally get ourselves completely up and running on this new (to us) and powerful software.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Hat's off to Jason for all the hard work.

Thanks for all the time you put in Jason, I know this had to be a monster of a job. All your efforts are appreciated.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

Nice!
    18' x 36' saltwater inground vinyl pool

7. Back To Top    #7

Looking good! You've done a great job.

Had to adjust my time setting.
    To do it: Under Settings (upper right of screen), then General Settings on the left side of the screen, scroll down to Date and Time Settings. I set it to my time zone (eastern). All is well.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

8. Back To Top    #8

Jason, you rock!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

It looks great!

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks to all who keep this site up and running!
    WetEdge Satin Matrix, 16K gallon, Pentair NSP-60 DE filter, Pac Fab Challenger, 2HP pump, BBB, Polaris 360

11. Back To Top    #11

Jason, give yourself a big pat on the back. Great job !!
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

12. Back To Top    #12

It looks great! I'm finding a few small things here and there and sending PMs to site administrator about them as I find them. Great job and obviously a lot of work to make the transition as smooth as it was.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by chem geek View Post
    It looks great! I'm finding a few small things here and there and sending PMs to site administrator about them as I find them. Great job and obviously a lot of work to make the transition as smooth as it was.
    Yup ... we are all finding little quirks and trying to figure out how to use this. Thanks for your help, I am sure JL appreciates your findings.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL

14. Back To Top    #14

In the Industry

I was wondering why Tapatalk wasn't connecting last night (trying to think of summer in these sub-zero temps). It looks great, hope any bugs work out easily! Best pool forum and one of the best forums entirely, and it keeps getting better!

So does anybody know what the green rectangles are and why, when you roll over them, do they say "-username- in on a distinguished road"?
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

15. Back To Top    #15

They are some sort of Reputation meter ... we are not exactly sure how that is going to work out You can click the Star below a post to give "props".

JL should have turned Tapatalk back on this morning. I can not try it now, see if it works for you and report back.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL

16. Back To Top    #16

Tapatalk is working for me.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

17. Back To Top    #17

Seems to be working for me too
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

18. Back To Top    #18

We finally support push notifications in tapatalk.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

19. Back To Top    #19

In the Industry

Tapatalk is working now. It was just last night when I assume the entire site was probably still down.

The reputation meter could be quite useful. Can't wait for warm weather to see how everything works when everyone comes back. Of course, I just can't wait for warm weather period at this point!
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

20. Back To Top    #20

What is going on with the attachment size? It is so small I cannot even attach a picture.
    IG, 18K gallons, 100' Perimeter, 565 SF surface area, 980sf interior area, Max Length -36', Max Width - 16', Pentair 520 Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter, Stenner Chemical Injection System (Chlorine, Acid Coming Soon) , Pebble Tech - Blue Granite, Pentair variable speed filter pump, Zodiac MX8 Cleaner, Multi-Colored LED Lighting, Travertine coping & Decking, Boulder Water Fall....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast