Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool water getting Very Hot in summers

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool water getting Very Hot in summers

Hey there,
    I face this problem every year ,that when i really wanna njoy swimming peak summers ,my pool water gets unbearably hot. Swimming in summers is not fun anymore. With summers jst round the corner, my tension has increased.
    Pls suggest any natural way to cool down the pool water ,so tht i can start preparing for summers a bit early.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Pool water getting Very Hot in summers

Hi, welcome to TFP! The best natural way to cool the pool is to use fountain or make a pool cooler out of PVC. Here are a few examples: my-version-of-a-pool-cooler-operating-off-a-return-t48856.html ; pool-cooler-t63939.html ; a-cheap-pool-cooler-for-the-end-of-summer-t2501.html

Anything that will shoot a fine spray of water up in the air will cool the pool by evaporation. Let it run until you get the pool as cool as you want.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    South Carolina

You might also consider shade sails:

TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!

These ladies have made some good suggestions, and I can't think of another off hand. Good luck!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

5. Back To Top    #5
    Twin Cities, MN

Post Re: Pool water getting Very Hot in summers

Welcome to tfp, nehasns

The methods posted above work well. If you want to "extend" your season (where do you live?) and also want to cool in the hot months, solar heating is great for both. To cool with solar heating, you run the panels at night instead of the day.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

6. Back To Top    #6

SpringHill FL

I second Linens post
    15x30 gunite 18k gallons Hayward star clear plus 120sqft cart