Hot tub with Ozone and SWG target numbers?

Isaac-1

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2010
SW Louisiana
I know I picked a bad time with the outage this weekend, but it looks like I will be getting a used hot tub this weekend, price is right, nice tub, lots of those bells and whistles. Anyway I need some start up target numbers, this tub has both an SWG and a UV Ozonator (may need new bulbs). As most of you know already, I have the pool chemistry basics already covered, just need the post it note condensed version for hot tub for now, I have copies of some of the stickies already, but they don't cover SWG on hot tubs.

Ike

Sorry that no one answered your last question and I didn't see it until now. You can use your pool water for your hot tub so long as the CYA level is kept lower as in your case and when the CH isn't too high. The hot tub temperature is hotter so if you have a CH level in the pool that saturates the water with calcium carbonate, then in your spa that may be too much though usually you try and have your TA lower in the spa so that may compensate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.