Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ordered testing materials.

1. Back To Top    #1

Ordered testing materials.

I ordered the TF-100, magnetic stirrer, Taylor K-1766 Salt Test, & Borates test strips from TFTestkits.net couple days ago. Should be here the 28th. I'm ready to start testing efficiently & effectively!
    17k gal., IG, Pebble Sheen,150 GPM Cartridge CCP420 Pentair 420 Sq.ft Filter, 3 HP Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 Pump, Letro Legend 4 Wheel Cleaner, 2 HP Pentair Booster Pump, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Easy Touch Control System With Remote, Intellibrite Led Light, Waterfall, Oklahoma Flagstone Coping, Tanning Ledge w Bubblers, 2 Skimmers, 4 Returns, Built In January 2011.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ordered testing materials.

Congrats! You will definitely have the correct tools to do a great job!

.....and wondering how you ever got by without them!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

magnetic stirrer is great
    12k gal Gunite/Hayward filter C5520BH with quad 33 inch filters. 2.5 hp motor. Pool is on south side, so full sun light. Spill over spa.
    Laar's heater LT250-Low NOx Gas Fired for pool/spa 250,000 BTU. Roof mount 6 panel solar system installed east/south. TF-100 test kit. May-September 100+ degrees out side.

4. Back To Top    #4

Well guess I've been lucky so far just using my test kit that my builder supplied me. I don't trust the pool stores when they test my water, so with the TF-100 I'm hoping I never have to go back there again. My water has remained clear since it was filled in 2011 so I guess I must have been doing something right up to this point. Thanks!
    17k gal., IG, Pebble Sheen,150 GPM Cartridge CCP420 Pentair 420 Sq.ft Filter, 3 HP Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 Pump, Letro Legend 4 Wheel Cleaner, 2 HP Pentair Booster Pump, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Easy Touch Control System With Remote, Intellibrite Led Light, Waterfall, Oklahoma Flagstone Coping, Tanning Ledge w Bubblers, 2 Skimmers, 4 Returns, Built In January 2011.

5. Back To Top    #5

Congrats on getting the right tool for the job. You will have one of the best and accurate kits you can get.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

You are gonna love the speedstir.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to tfp, Judodad

Once you get that kit, you will be officially dangerous (to algae and bacteria)
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

8. Back To Top    #8

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on getting started with the right stuff.

One tool you'll need more than any other is knowledge. Sounds like you are rarin' to go, so check out Pool School and start with your ABC's. Ask questions if you need too, as we like to help people on this stuff. Good luck and congrats again.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem