49 ft. x 13 ft., 675 sq. ft., 139 ft. perimeter
3/8 in. rebar on 8 in. centers with continuous bond beam of 1/2 in. rebar
4,500 psi gunite

ATTACHED GUNITE SPA
12 ft. X 8.5 ft. triangle
Raised 18 in. above pool level, 3’ 6” deep
3/8 in. rebar on 8 in. centers with continuous bond beam of 1/2 in. rebar
13 ft. long, spillover to pool
Pool Depth – 3.5 ft. to 5 ft. to 3.5 ft.

COPING
12” x 4” Brick
Tile – 2 in. x 2 in. ceramic tile - customer to choose color
Interior Finish – White Plaster
Tan Shelf - 12 ft. X 8 ft.

RAISED BEAMS
(1) 24ft. long X 18 in. high, raised 18 in.
(1) 27ft. long X 12 in. high, raised 12 in.

DECKING
482 sq. ft. new concrete decking, 4 in. thick with rebar on 16 in. centers
Fiberglass fibers added to concrete for increased strength.
482 sq. ft. classic texture spray deck on new concrete
141 sq. ft. classic texture spray deck on existing covered patio
Any additional spray deck overlay will be billed @ $3.00 per sq. ft.

DRAINAGE
195 ft. of 4 in. PVC drain pipe with pool overflow, gutter downspout connections and area drains
Stone Sealing – All pool stone and tile work will be sealed with DuPont penetrating sealer.

EQUIPMENT
3 hp Pentair InteliFlo Pool Circulation Pump
Dual Intermatic timer with subpanel
420 sq. ft. Pentair Cartridge Filter
Pentair MasterTemp 400 Gas Heater (400,000 BTUs), with 30’ gas line
1.5 hp Silencer Air Blower
Letro Legend Platinum Pool Cleaner with Booster Pump
Rainbow 320 Automatic Chlorinator
(4) Pentair standard light fixtures
(10) 1.5 in. returns with adjustable jets in pool
(8) Jets in hot tub (4 are rotating jets)
(2) Skimmers with 1 dual main drain on independent lines to pump with Jandy valves
Auto-fill line with Anti Siphon
All drain covers are VGB compliant.
All Pentair pool equipment covered by 3 yr. parts and labor warranty.

TOTAL: $54,612.00

UPGRADES: :(

Pebble Tec/Pebble Sheen - Tier #1 $ 4,672.00

Water Feature/Sheer Decent Option –
(4) 5 ft. long sheer decent in raised beams
3 hp. IntelliFlo VS+SVRS pump
2.5 in. suction line
Each sheer decent on independent 2 in. return line
Check valve to prevent water from draining from sheer descents $5,451.00

Water Feature/Bubbler Option –
(4) Bubblers, (3) on bench, (1) on tan shelf
1 hp. SuperFlo pump
2 in. suction line
Each sheer decent on independent 1.5 in. return line
Each bubbler has Jandy valve to control height $2,206.00

Decking Options –
Stamped concrete in place of spray deck $1,085.00

Quartzite/Travertine (Concrete Bed) – 12” X 12” decking in place of spray deck $6,506.00

Coping Options –
Travertine coping $1,738.00

Equipment Options –
(4) Pentair IntelliBrite 5g Color LED light fixtures $1,495.00

Pentair EasyTouch 8 automated control system
Wireless protocol adapter for iPhone/iPad control of automated pool system $1,920.00

Those options add up FAST. The travertine decking is $17.50 per sq ft which seems high to me (a different builder quoted $14 sq/ft, but I'm not sure that was in a concrete bed).

We want to add pebble tec tier one for sure along with the travertine coping. Everything else would be nice, but the price climbs considerably.

PoolTop.jpg

PoolSide.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

The upgrades a re a little pricy in some regards...like the PT upgrade, but overall the build and equipment is a very good price.

Putting in a pool that nice, you should look at a minimum finish upgrade to a good quartz finish. Much better than plain plaster and much less expensive than pebble.

I call a long-jump contest over the dog-leg in that pool!!!

Looks beautiful.

What do you guys think fair market value is for the upgrades? I would really love to do them all, but in order of importance (to me). If you have other order suggestions please do share. I plan on being in this house 15 years so thats why I was leaning towards Pebble Tec

*Travertine Coping
*Pebble Tec
*Travertine Decking
*Water Sheers
*Bubblers
*LED Lighting
*Wireless Remote

From our bids.... LED should cost you no more than 800-1000 for 3 - entire pool.
Pebbletec - will vary based on the offset cost for material they quoted in the bid.
Travertine decking - it just looks amazing
water sheers - i think your builder thinks you are JPMorgan at that price. Go to scuppers perhaps... Ours are maybe 800 dollars total for all three.
Bubblers should be about 4-600.
Wireless remote - I've seen some builders act like it is really an upgrade, others are like "just download this nifty iPad app, its free" - i wouldn't get it through them that for sure. Can you order one through the manufacturer?

the wireless system uses a different controller entirely (8 circuit panel, $1100 online) versus the manual intermatic in the base quote. This coupled with a wireless add on ($379 online) makes the system "wireless". Figure $1500 my price not installed.

The Pentair "Magicfalls" are pretty pricey. 5ft are around $500 (amazon) and the pump is around $1000 (online) which brings the price to $3000 for equipment. I'm not sure I need the V SVSR pump but it's a safety feature. That leaves about $2500 in plumbing and installation labor. Zing!

This is all assuming he gets the equipment at the same price i do which he most certainly does not.

The bubbler pump is about $300 (online), with the bubblers themselves costing what, $100 maybe? (these arent LED bubblers). So figure $700 in equipment leaving $1500 for plumbing and installation labor. Zing!

The LED Lights seem expensive, though. The 5G series are about $375 online which is about what he quoted me. When you factor in whatever hes making off the standard lights I'm not sure how close it is.

I'm not sure what king of Margins these guys makes on equipment, anyone know? The plumbing itself for all of these options cant be much as we all know pvc is pretty cheap.

What do you guys think? How much wiggle room do you typically have in bids like this?

I only have a 1 year warranty on the pool (except where the manufacturer warranty supercedes it). So the Pentair equipment is 3 year regardless.

We were told there wasn't wiggle room on things i saw online cheaper. The builder argued things like "well, but with us, it is part of our bumper to bumper 3 yr warranty"

- - - Updated - - -

Received some travertine quotes....$7-$8 for travertine installed over concrete base (includes travertine). So thats about $4 less than the builder or almost $2000 which is about where it should be ($13-$14 per sqft)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The pool comes with a variable speed pump. The waterfall pumps has the SVRS system on it since it will draw from the side of the pool.

I would at least get the variable speed pump. The pump is very pricy to run. As for the safety part,does anyone really use the main drain? Mine is only used when the water gets below my skimmer.

Received some travertine quotes....$7-$8 for travertine installed over concrete base (includes travertine). So thats about $4 less than the builder or almost $2000 which is about where it should be ($13-$14 per sqft)

That is a great price. Our products are coming from keystone tile. By chance, are you using the same vendor? I would love to talk to your travertine installer. I assume this is outside of the pool builder's markup

Correct this is outside the PB markup. The installer had a source he said, which is more than likely QDI.

That is a great price. Our products are coming from keystone tile. By chance, are you using the same vendor? I would love to talk to your travertine installer. I assume this is outside of the pool builder's markup

I echo vegaskid's remark. I am in cypress too and rec'd my 2nd quote today. Your quoted upgrades are pricey
I have been quoted -
Pebble Sheen Level I colored plaster – 10 year warranty ADD $3,500.

Otherwise your overall cost for 139 sq ft seems pretty good at 54K.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.