Updated pics of pool build- Sundek

Readyforapool said:
That looks really good. We are hoping for kool dek or something similar in the fall - budget just couldn't handle it right now. What kind of maintenance is involved? Did they give you any precautions to take?

Readyforappol - thank you! Basically the Sundek requires regular washing with a high-pressure nozzle to prevent dirt and stains from being ground into the finish. They sent me a maintenance sheet to counteract specific problems that might come up:

From Bullion Coatings
GREASE – OIL – BEVERAGES - FOOD

• Rinse the area with water.
• Apply a solution of citrus-based cleaner or equivalent.
• Lightly scrub the area with a stiff-bristled brush or comb.
• Allow to soak without drying.
• Lightly scrub and rinse thoroughly.

G Additional scrubbing or applications may be required for stubborn stains.

Citrus-based cleaners such as Nature's Orange, Simple Green and TSP work very well and are available at home improvement centers and janitorial supply centers.

HARD WATER DEPOSITS – RUST – SOIL – PLANT – WOOD STAINS

Regular cleaning of your coating by hosing and using a squeegee or push broom to remove standing water is the most effective method of minimizing these stains. If stains begin to appear, clean the area with Lime Away, Whink, or a commercial de-scaler and rinse well.

Heavier mineral deposits require more aggressive procedures such as a light acid wash.

• Mix Muriatic acid solution. (20-40% acid to water) Always add acid to water not water to acid.
• Dampen the surface with a mist of water. Do not apply acid to dry surface!
• Apply acid solution to damp surface with plastic sprayer or sprinkler can.
• Lightly scrub deck with a deck broom until the solution stops "fizzing."
• When the fizzing activity stops, it is a sign that the acid has finished working. Do not allow solution to dry!
• Rinse off solution with high-pressure nozzle.
• Use a squeegee or deck broom to remove any excess water.
• Neutralize with soda ash, baking soda or TSP - scrub lightly.
• Rinse thoroughly and squeegee or broom off water.

Heavy deposits may require additional treatments and possibly a stronger acid to water ratio.

CAUTION: Always wear protective eye and skin wear when working with any acid solution. Follow safety guidelines printed on containers including use of proper respirator.

MILDEW AND ALGAE

This type of stain usually occurs in shaded locations where water puddles. If treated early, mildew and algae can easily be removed.
• Mix 50% pool chlorine to water.
• Apply directly onto affected area with plastic sprayer or sprinkler can.
• Lightly scrub the chlorine solution over the affected area.
• Allow the solution to soak without drying.
• Rinse the area completely when the solution has stopped reacting.
• Squeegee or broom water from deck.
• Stubborn deposits require soaking with a more concentrated solution and moderate scrubbing.

BLACK RUBBER MARKS

• Apply concentrated solution of citrus-based cleaner with sprinkler can.
• Spread the solution over the area with a deck broom.
• Allow the solution to soak without drying.
• Completely scrub the area.
• Rinse thoroughly with high-pressure nozzle.
• Squeegee or broom off water.

High traffic areas may require repeated applications for maximum results.

The best maintenance tip for black tire marks is to hose and clean the area on a regular basis to prevent a heavy build up of rubber and asphalt residue. Other good cleaners that can be used include Simple Green, Nature's Orange, Amway LOC or TSP.

CHEWING GUM – TAR – TREE SAP
• Freeze with dry ice or CO2 type fire extinguisher and chip off with putty knife.
• Spray remaining residue with Disolvit or Goof Off.
• Scrape off with putty knife.
• Clean area with citrus-based cleaner or equivalent.
• Rinse off any remaining residue.

PAINT
Paint that is spilled or sprayed on your coating should be quickly wiped up with a cloth. If the paint has dried, the affected area can be touched up with the Finish Coat. Apply as you would water-based paint. Heavy paint-globs must be scraped off prior to applying the Finish Coat.
Do not use paint removers!!! These will cause damage to the finish.

THE FOLLOWING WILL BE HARMFUL TO YOUR SURFACE

• Power Washer With a PSI over 900
• Metal or Wire Brushes
• Full strength Acids
• Metal Scouring Pads

Readyforapool said:
Any issues with scooting chairs around? One comment I read, and it was only one so take it as it is but they said the kids tore up the kool dek pushing chairs around. We've got one family member who's a notorious scooter! Lol

LOL - I didn't read anything about it, but I will ask the people at Bullion Coatings on Monday. :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hello appleguy711 and Yakag97 ~
Ever since they updated the TFP site, I am not getting notifications of comments/personal messages/etc...
Just happened to look at tapatalk and saw these.
Weather has been too cold/wet to get our wet edge Primera stone.
Thank you, Yakag97. I love in inlays!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.