Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool builders Frisco Tx

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool builders Frisco Tx

We are currently getting bids from a couple of different builders in our area and would love referrals from someone who has used a company in our area they were please with. Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool builders Frisco Tx

Hi Friscomom....I used Venture and was very pleased. They came highly recommended from a friend who had built 2 different pools with them. My pool was completely done in less than a month, which doesn't seem to be the norm at all, from what i've seen. I had gotten other estimates (Foley, Goelke) but i chose Venture, based on design. My pool has been trouble-free since completion. Fingers crossed that it stays that way.
    Hope this helps and good luck!
    7500 gallon/ 64 perimter ft/ 24x12 "spool" (small pool) :) /18" raised spa with 6 jets/ Ocean Blue Pebble Sheen/ OK flagstone coping/470 sq ft seeded decking
    DE filter-60/2hp2sp pump/Polaris 280 cleaner/2 hp booster pump/Clorinator-in line feeder/Hayward 400k BTU heater/2 skimmers-5returns/Aqualink PS8 wireless controls

3. Back To Top    #3

Great thank you,,, I will give them a call today

4. Back To Top    #4

The person i worked with was John Higdon, if that helps. Good luck!
    7500 gallon/ 64 perimter ft/ 24x12 "spool" (small pool) :) /18" raised spa with 6 jets/ Ocean Blue Pebble Sheen/ OK flagstone coping/470 sq ft seeded decking
    DE filter-60/2hp2sp pump/Polaris 280 cleaner/2 hp booster pump/Clorinator-in line feeder/Hayward 400k BTU heater/2 skimmers-5returns/Aqualink PS8 wireless controls

5. Back To Top    #5

We got bids from Foley, Gold Medal, Masterpiece, and Riverbend Sandler. We narrowed it down to Gold Medal and RBS, and ultimately went with RBS. We really liked both companies (Jenny at GM and Sean at RBS), but my BIL and SIL have a RBS pool that they've loved for 6-7 years. We have had a very good experience.
    18,600 gal, IG, Jandy 60 sq ft DE filter, 2HP VS pump
    Stonescapes Tahoe Blue mini pebble

6. Back To Top    #6

You might want to call Southernwind as well, they have some beautiful pools.
    Finally Done! - 21x34 IG, SWCG, depth - 3.6 - 4.6 - 6.6, Pentair IntelliFlow 3050 vs+svrs, 60 sq ft Pentair DE Filter, 400k BTU Heater, Polaris 280 w/.75 hp booster pump, Pentair EasyTouch wireless, 38 sq ft raised spa, wet edge Barbados quartz finish - ODK w/36 in Napoleon grill

7. Back To Top    #7

My build with Southernwind starts next week. So far the experience has been really good.
    Build Complete! : 111ft pool + 8.5x5.5ft spa (12" raised), ~22k gallons, Shotcrete, Stonescapes MiniPebble (Aqua Blue), 3 scuppers, 3 bubblers, Large Tanning Ledge, Long Bench, Pentair: Intelliflow 3050 VS, 1.5HP WhisperFlow (scuppers), Quad 100 DE filter, MasterTemp 400k, IC60 SWG, Intellichem+Acid Tank, 2HP Silencer Blower, travertine decking (~680ft2), dry stack flagstone raised wall / spa spillway

8. Back To Top    #8

We got bids from Hauk, Southernwind, and Riverbend Sandler. We had a pool by Riverbend that we built 15-20 years ago. They did great and we have nothing bad to say - it was a great experience and a great pool. This time, though, we are going with Southernwind. We liked their design better and the sales/design process has been great. Plus, I kind of like the idea of a smaller builder this time (though they've been around for 30 years, so they are stable).

PM me if you call Southernwind and I can give you the name of our Design Consultant to ask for...

9. Back To Top    #9

We got bids from Foley, Gold Medal, Hauk, Southernwind and Riverbend Sandler. We narrowed it down to Foley and RBS. We went with RBS. We worked with Hank on the design and Bert was our super.
    22K Gal, Chlorine, IG, Pebble Sheen Plaster, Jandy 60Sq Ft DE Filter, Intelliflo 3HP VS pump with SVRS, Rainbow 320 Chlorine Dispenser
    Other Equip - Jandy PDA PS6, Jandy LRZ400 Heater, Polaris 280 vacuum
    Features - Spa with fountain that empties into pool over waterfall spillway and separate table rock waterfall, Pool gets full sun until later afternoon and then partial sun
    Pool completed and filled 6/28/13