mixing finishes

martinkennedy

Platinum Supporter
Sep 8, 2013
I have a build going on that you can see in the new construction forum under "new build in South Texas.
I am going to have two finishes done to the interior of the pool. We are going to due Tahoe Blue quartz throughout the pool except on the infinity wall. We are going to do a Beadcrete finish on that wall. has anyone done or had experience with mixing finishes?

The PB suggested the contrast of finishes. The colors will be a close match but the Beadcrete will certainly be more reflective. We will have 4 LED Intellibrite 5G color lights and 2 of them are somewhat angeled to the infinity wall. I was wondering if there would be a concern of using two different materials? Then I was thinking its basically two different materials suspended in plaster and should not matter.

If you're just adding bead to the other mix I don't think it would matter at all. If you are talking about mixing bags of complete mix of different brands, or very different blends, I am betting that the respective makers would not approve. This is anecdotal based on my conversations with suppliers on questions I had, but it might be worth asking about.

You might see what they say. Mixing brands may void warranties too. I was quite surprised to find out it was OK to mix different product colors and really surprised to find out you can mix different but similar lines of product by the same maker. Two big names approved of doing that, so some things don't seem to be an issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.