New Pool - Pearland TX

Thanks all, hoping to post some more pics soon. Still working on travertine coping and walls. We should have our first clean up and pre decking this week. I will post some more pics by the end of the week.

Kelkel- we love neutural colors and love thsi tile, hope it all ties together when everything is said and done.

Tile and coping completed today.
ve5arera.jpg
unypaner.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Love your pool, I am starting one next week and have picked out the same 2x4 split face travertine. I will have the same raised wall and I am curious how your did the outside corners on the wall. Did they 45 each piece on the corners or stack them with the ends showing? Can you take a close up pic for me? I am a details guys, I am worrying about this even before my dig begins.... THANKS

Love your pool, I am starting one next week and have picked out the same 2x4 split face travertine. I will have the same raised wall and I am curious how your did the outside corners on the wall. Did they 45 each piece on the corners or stack them with the ends showing? Can you take a close up pic for me? I am a details guys, I am worrying about this even before my dig begins.... THANKS

I will snap some pics tonight when I get home. Travertine is called "Fantastico" I checked out the boxes and there are no corner pieces the installers cut to fit. Remember that each of these tiles vary in thickness so the fit will be close but not exact.

How do you feel about the tile on the spillway? I just comment because of the appearance of the installation with the rectangular tiles on a curved wall, leading to uneven grout lines would not be my preference. They could have cut the tiles and it would have a different appearance. Not necessarily good or bad, but they did choose to install them via the method that was quickest.

I do also have to agree too on the corners of the walls. They could cut out the corners and install a corner rock column that protrudes about 1" and I think it would look sharp. I think you have an argument that both installs are not done at the highest level of craftsmanship if you were so inclined. However, these things are very subjective.

I really like the overall look of the project. None too soon I suppose as well.

ata9y5az.jpg

Here are a couple of shots of the rebar done today, coming along. Cement pour scheduled for Wednesday.

We asked for waterline tile on the spillway they offered travertine but we decided on the tile as this is easier to clean.

As far as the corner pieces for the travertine wall, I checked with Nobel tile supply and they do not carry corner pieces for this specific travertine.

vahe6y4y.jpg
usatyvug.jpg
the decking guys were nice enough to tie my downspout into the drains

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
As long as you love it, that's all that matters! Keep posting pics!!! :)

Hello all, we passed our rebar inspection, concrete decking to be poured in a couple of days, I will post pics when done.

So after decking our sundeck aggregate will be applied by bullion coatings.

Then plaster and finally Clean up/start up! I believe I'm finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

I will make sure to post pics!

Hello all, we passed our rebar inspection, concrete decking to be poured in a couple of days, I will post pics when done.

So after decking our sundeck aggregate will be applied by bullion coatings.

Then plaster and finally Clean up/start up! I believe I'm finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

I will make sure to post pics!

who does the inspection for you , rodog ?
That's nice about pearland. we are in Cypress.
we don't have any neutral inspections.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.