Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pool - Pearland TX

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool - Pearland TX

Well after interviewing multiple pool builders we have finally decided to take the plunge. We are still awaiting financing (should know something this week) Hope to be digging in February/March.

18' X 34'
    873 sq ft of sun deck (331 existing patio)
    12" raised wall 18" raised wall in the middle
    3 stone suppers
    6.5' X 12' tanning ledge with 2 bubblers

More pics to follow as construction follows.

Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool - Pearland TX

Congrats on moving forward!
    Design looks great and looks like you have a nice large lot too.

Your yard shape is actually very similar to mine (but flipped) with a similar easement.

Look forward to seeing your progress pictures!

38'x24' freeform IG gunite, 26k gallons, 3.5' - 7'
    8t Moss rock waterfall with gunite slide
    SWCG, 2 x 2.7hp Hayward Tristar pumps, booster pump, 425 sqft cartridge, 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris Black Max 280, ProLogic PS8 & Aquapod

3. Back To Top    #3

Looks fantastic, can't wait to see it when it is completed!
    8500 Gallon IG with spa - Blue Granite Pebble Sheen - Pentair 420 Cartridge Filter -Intelliflo VS pump -Mastertemp 400K Heater - Intellichlor IC40 - Easytouch 4 - In final build stages now, should be complete 4/2/2014
    My pool build - in progress

4. Back To Top    #4

Love the design!! .

Inground Free Form 20' X 40'; Intellachlor salt system; 8' Super Spa (raised 18"); 18" raised beam with water feature (2- 24" scuppers); 4' bench under scuppers; 7' x 14' tanning ledge with 6" water depth; 2- 3' benches with 18" water depth; Premier In-Floor Cleaning System; Fantastico Travertine coping, tiles, and stacked stone; Sundek decking with travertine inlays; Wet Edge Tahoe Coast ; Aqua Link Electronic Control; Jandy 2HP Stealth Pump for pool; 1.5 HP Jandy pump for water feature; Jandy Heater BTU 400K

PICTURES OF POOL BUILD: http://www.flickr.com/photos/98595901@N ... 864595916/

5. Back To Top    #5

Congrats! Which builder did you decide on?
    Pearland, TX build ongoing. Freeform pool with Spa. Estimate finish 1st week March, 2014
    Dimensions 37 x 24 x 17 feet. Spa is 8ft round. Approx. 20,000 gallons.
    Variable speed Jandy pump, Jandy Cartridge filter. Aqua pure salt water system. Polaris 280 (black) 3 LED Lights: 2 pool, one Spa.
    Pebblesheen. Blue Granite. Travertine decking and coping.

6. Back To Top    #6

Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build

7. Back To Top    #7

Looks good. Congrats on the decision
    34'x22', depths 3.5 x 5.5 x 3.5; ~9' spa, Walnut Travertine coping, Quartzscape;
    Equipment: 2hp Jandy pump, water feature pump, Jandy DE Filter, 400k BTU heater, Jandy AquaPure PLC1400 Salt System;
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/80544338@N00/sets/72157641144436833/

8. Back To Top    #8

And so it begins! PB will be out tomorrow to mark up pool layout. They marked utilities today.

9. Back To Top    #9

Layout marked. Awaiting city of Pearland permits.

10. Back To Top    #10

We just had utilities marked in our yard, too. I think those flags really add to the anticipation of starting...
    Swimming!: 19x32 IG rectangular pool, 22,500 gallons; 3' - 6.5'; open spa w/ 6 jets; raised wall w/ 1 sheer descent and 2 minijets, 2 color-changing LED pool lights, 1 spa light; Jandy 2 1/2 HP 2 speed Pump, Jandy cartridge filter (320 SQFT), Diamondbrite Cool Blue

11. Back To Top    #11

Ok permits are in, dig scheduled for this Friday (Pending any rain storms)

Update***

So inspector did not see posted permits on the fence. Signed off today, dig re scheduled for Saturday. its almost that time!

12. Back To Top    #12

13. Back To Top    #13

Good Luck and keep the pics coming!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

14. Back To Top    #14

Nine hours later

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Rebar on Monday. gunite on Thursday.

15. Back To Top    #15

Congrats on getting started! Looks good so far.
    Swimming!: 19x32 IG rectangular pool, 22,500 gallons; 3' - 6.5'; open spa w/ 6 jets; raised wall w/ 1 sheer descent and 2 minijets, 2 color-changing LED pool lights, 1 spa light; Jandy 2 1/2 HP 2 speed Pump, Jandy cartridge filter (320 SQFT), Diamondbrite Cool Blue

16. Back To Top    #16

Thanks everyone. They started rebar this morning @ 7 am. I will snap more pics when I get gone from work.

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

Congrats, looks like they are making good progress. I envy you guys in that 1/2 of the state.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

18. Back To Top    #18

congrats rodog.

I am still waiting for my HOA approval. 3rd week of waiting. I am in Cypress.I had put my quote here -
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

Looks like we just have HOA approval and then MUD approval unlike Pearland.

19. Back To Top    #19

Thanks mrcarcrazy and spj318ti.

Spj318ti - I had to to call my HOA several times to "sweet" talk them into pushing my apporval through. It took 2 weeks. City permits are usually approved in about 4-5 days.

Also during the ending of my dig this Saturday the bobcat machine cut my AT&T line to my house knocking out my TV, INTERNET and PHONE. I had to call and a service tech came out the same day to restore service, he placed a temporary line which they will bury once pool is built. So far this has been the only setback.

Along the route the bobcat used to access the backyard and front of the house the grass is all tore up and muddy. I was expecting this but to see it actually done I only saw dollar signs for the sod I will have to replace.

I still cannot believe we are building a pool, it seems surreal.

20. Back To Top    #20

Re bar is done, a little plumbing and inspection tomorrow. We should be ready to shoot Gunite either Wednesday or Thursday. Things are moving along.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast