leaves and debris

Jun 25, 2008
Is there a great way to get leaves and debris you can't see out of a 9 foot deep end? We are not able to keep any free chlorine and the pool guys tell us the leaves and debris are why. Also I was told I have to use a phosphate eliminator? Really?

Leaf rake.

Can't see them because your water is cloudy?

Sounds like the pool guy is full of it with the phosphate remover. However organics in the pool will consume chlorine. Scoop as much as possible out, then shock shock shock until you hold a shock level overnight, filtering 24/7 until the water clears. Then scoop out whatever you missed.

As Rangeball said, definitely the leaf rake and a long pole.

Also, when you think you have most of it, you can brush everything left to the shallow end and it will be easier to get out.

Good luck and welcome to the forum! :lol:

I have seen a leaf net that sits on top of a ring. You attach your hose to it and turn it on and run it across the pool bottom. The pressure of the water stirs up the leaves and debris into the net. When you feel the net is full you simply turn off the water and empty the net then put it back in and vacuum some more out.

Keep up the chlorine levels and as you get more and more debris out your water will eventually get clearer and clearer. Eventually clear enough you can use a regular leaf net.

Good Luck!

I had the same problem ths year. I've been working for a month to get mine clean. I just kept scoopinp with my deep water net and brushing everything to one corner. Then scoop some more until I had he most of them. I kept shocking and vacuming. I finally got to swim for the first time today. HAPPY CLEANING, R.D.