Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: No power Aqualogic

1. Back To Top    #1

No power Aqualogic

Had no cell power issue for a while just ignored and manually maintained pool did not want to replace board and soldering did not work.
    Now no power at all. Replaced board nothing. replaced transformer still nothing. Display is even blank. Husband thinks rectifiers are bad? Freezing temps heading our way need to get fixed ASAP. Do have light and tarp on to help with pipes but need to get up and running again. Light plugged into Aqualogic box so I know its getting power to it.
    Wendeeg- first time pool owner
    21k gal, IG plaster/pebble, cartridge, 6yrs, SWA Aqualogic

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: No power Aqualogic

The Aqualogic is feed from a breaker in the panel below the board. Is that breaker tripped? Other than that if you have knowledge of electric troubleshooting, take a multimeter to it.
    7,500 gal, IG pool, L shape 22' x 15', 1.5 hp pump, cartridge filter, AquaPlus SWG/Controller, Pebble-Tec liner.

3. Back To Top    #3

I do not see any other breakers other than the main one in the garage. The box has power since the plug on the outside has our light plugged in it and is on.

4. Back To Top    #4

Arer't there some little fuses in there? Might be something to check although I am grasping at straws.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Could be the rectifiers but it could also be the transformer. If you have a multi-meter, you could check both.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

6. Back To Top    #6

I am thinking the rectifiers too. The board and transformer are brand new so the fuses are new too. Are the rectifiers easy to swap out? Can I get those at Lowes or Home Depot? Anyone know the part numbers?

7. Back To Top    #7

You will probably need to special order the rectifiers. They should have a part# stamped on them. But I would check them before going to the trouble. If there is AC in the input but no DC on the output, then it is the rectifiers.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

8. Back To Top    #8

There is a breaker panel located in the bottom half of the Aqualogic box. There should be breakers for the Aqualogic, pump, light etc.
    7,500 gal, IG pool, L shape 22' x 15', 1.5 hp pump, cartridge filter, AquaPlus SWG/Controller, Pebble-Tec liner.

9. Back To Top    #9

Do you know where I can find a picture of what you are referring to? I do not think are's is set up that way. The bottom half of the box is almost empty. there is some metal stuff that looks like it could hold some breakers but there are not any there. Pool has been running fine the last 2 years we have been here only last month has it been an issue.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Mark

11. Back To Top    #11

Yeah ours does not have the breakers it is just smooth metal all the way down. Thanks though. Just ordered a rectifier kit hopefully that will fix it.

12. Back To Top    #12

Have replaced board, transformer, and rectifiers and still no power on equipment. Box is getting power but equipment not coming on. Any suggestions? Really need to get going again before the Mosquitos set in.