Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool Build - Engineer Plans - Please take a look

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Build - Engineer Plans - Please take a look

Please take a look at our pool plans. We do plan to add more decking. Right now I am looking for comments, opinions, suggestions, etc on the actual structure and plans.

Thanks.[attachment=0:nzhf6drs]poolplan2.jpeg[/attachment:nzhf6drs]
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Build - Engineer Plans - Please take a look

Very nice design! One comment on depth profile. We decided to place our raised spa next to the deeper end because our kids will inevitably want to jump off the raised spa into the pool. Another comment is our local restrictions require special provisions (not exactly sure what) if the distance between the pool and the house and less than the deepest point of the pool. Also, if you wanted the sheer descent to be a focal point from the house, you might consider moving it to the back wall. It might be a little hidden on the one end. You can probably drop the nature2fusion and Ozone to save cost. They won't provide much benefit. Suggest SWG or liquid chlorine for long term success. That also seems like a big booster pump ... you might be able to save cost and energy by downsizing some, depending on what it will be used for.
    Build Complete! : 111ft pool + 8.5x5.5ft spa (12" raised), ~22k gallons, Shotcrete, Stonescapes MiniPebble (Aqua Blue), 3 scuppers, 3 bubblers, Large Tanning Ledge, Long Bench, Pentair: Intelliflow 3050 VS, 1.5HP WhisperFlow (scuppers), Quad 100 DE filter, MasterTemp 400k, IC60 SWG, Intellichem+Acid Tank, 2HP Silencer Blower, travertine decking (~680ft2), dry stack flagstone raised wall / spa spillway

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to tfp, mcarrizal

Quote Originally Posted by bhargraves
    You can probably drop the nature2fusion and Ozone to save cost. They won't provide much benefit. Suggest SWG or liquid chlorine for long term success.
    I agree wholeheartedly with this statement! No need for either of these in a typical outdoor residential pool. In fact, the nature2 puts at risk for staining and turning blond hair green.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

We are not doing a salt water pool.

5. Back To Top    #5

I should probably clarify my post above in that I meant no need for ozone or nature2.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarrizal
    We are not doing a salt water pool.
    May I ask why?

Then liquid chlorine is your best bet. See: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-..._chlorine_pool If you want to automate liquid chlorine/bleach, then using a Liquidator or peristaltic pump system can work.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.