need a new pool, but what? Fiberglass, poly blocks or other

troyf

Jan 22, 2014
S.W.France
Hi everyone,
i need a bit of advice . 5 years ago i put an above ground wooden pool , half way in the ground.... bad move :roll: , its now dead.
i have a hole in the ground with a concrete slab. i have zero knowledge of pools apart from the botch job i did before and want to make a more informed decision this time.
Should i leave the slag and build with polystyrene blocks , if so is that expensive and how long wood it last ? or shouls i break the slab up and get a fiberglasspool dropped in ? Is a fiberglass molded pools the easy long lasting way to go , or should i be thinking about doing the polystyrene blocks thing ? Price is also a factor . i like the idea of the ease of dropping a ready to go fiberglass pool in , but are they long-lasting and hassle free ?
Any tips would be greatly welcome,
Thanks Troy

Re: need a new pool, but what? Fiberglass, poly blocks or ot

Ah, now thats something that i didnt even know existed. do you know off the top of your head any brand names of pools rated for burial?
The pool 3m x 9 m and the slb under it is a little bit bigger.
Thanks for you speedy reply and great suggestion,

troy

Welcome to TFP !!

I believe Doughboy is rated for burial. There are some members on the forum that have buried or partial buried AGP's

Try doing a search in the AGP sub forum. You can also research AGP's and see if the manufacture rates it for burial.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.