Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why not make PoolMath an App?

1. Back To Top    #1

Why not make PoolMath an App?

Love this site and PoolMath has made all the difference since I started using the TFP method to maintain my pool. I was thinking how cool it would be if PooMath was an App! This way you could use it from your Smart phone or tablet. I think this would be great and very useful to those of us who use it. Not to mention I'm sure people would not mind paying for the App as well, I know I would.
    My pool:
    Built 2004, 14K gal, IG plaster,Pentair WhisperFlo 2 HP pump(1 speed), Pentair FNS Plus DE filter,
    In Floor cleaning system, Attached Spa with Spillover seperate WhisperFlo pump for jets.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Why not make PoolMath an App?

It was an app when it was known as the Pool Calculator. Long story, but the rights were sold and support for the app and web site seems to have faded away.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

There is actually an app based off PoolCalculator (which used the same formulas). However, the app costs money and (I think) is only on iPhone

If I can get the resources within my office, I would love to develop a free version. I'll poke them about it and see what I can get going

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by blakej
    There is actually an app based off PoolCalculator (which used the same formulas). However, the app costs money and (I think) is only on iPhone

If I can get the resources within my office, I would love to develop a free version. I'll poke them about it and see what I can get going
    There is an App entitled Pool-calculator I found in the App Store it's $4.99.
    I would buy it just to try it out but it hasn't been updated since Jan 2011? so I'm understandably sceptical...

I would pay that in a heartbeat for a PoolMath App...
    My pool:
    Built 2004, 14K gal, IG plaster,Pentair WhisperFlo 2 HP pump(1 speed), Pentair FNS Plus DE filter,
    In Floor cleaning system, Attached Spa with Spillover seperate WhisperFlo pump for jets.

5. Back To Top    #5

I use the pool calc app sometimes. The only problem with it , it doesn't save the settings you put in. Kind of a pain, but in a pinch I've used it and it works fine.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

I just bookmark the link from here and use it on my phones or laptops browser. I use chrome and it remembers the gallons I put in, just have to change it if I am changing from pool to hot tub. And it is always free .
    6500 gal above ground Doughboy with 200lb sand filter and solar panel heater. Converted from Baqua to BBB and never looking back!!

7. Back To Top    #7

You can get Pool Calculator for iPhone, which is very much like PoolMath. However it has one rather annoying bug that they have never fixed, it loses you settings at regular intervals.

For Android SimplePool (Pro) is my favorite, though there are other good choices there.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by golfinglenn
    I just bookmark the link from here and use it on my phones or laptops browser. I use chrome and it remembers the gallons I put in, just have to change it if I am changing from pool to hot tub. And it is always free .
    Yes I do the same on my I phone and I pad. Its really easy and like you said always free but I just thought it would be a cool and very useful App.
    My pool:

9. Back To Top    #9

Uhhh...guess I haven't been paying attention! I didn't realize that The Pool Calculator was obsolete! But, PoolMath looks to be the same....? I see now that your name's no longer on it though Jason. So, guess I should change my Bookmark then, huh?

Karen
    10,700 gal IG vinyl
    Pentair Triton II TR50 sand filter
    Hayward SharkVac XL cleaner; Emerson 1HP pump
    Bioguard Mineral Springs SWG
    2 skimmers

10. Back To Top    #10

PoolMath has some minor updates, but is otherwise essentially the same as the web version of Pool Calculator. The main thing that is new is the addition of 8.25% bleach and the associated jug sizes.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

11. Back To Top    #11

Ahhh...well alrighty! Sounds good... I'll make the necessary changes! BTW...thanks for putting that together! It sure makes my life easier!

Karen
    10,700 gal IG vinyl
    Pentair Triton II TR50 sand filter
    Hayward SharkVac XL cleaner; Emerson 1HP pump
    Bioguard Mineral Springs SWG
    2 skimmers

12. Back To Top    #12

I use Pool Pal for Android. Love it.
    16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

13. Back To Top    #13

based on the formulas used in the old Pool Calculator website, I programmed an old Casio programmable calculator to perform these same calculations. It does remember your settings and even stores some of the old results for plotting trends. If anyone is interested, I can try and post the program.
    7,500 gal, IG pool, L shape 22' x 15', 1.5 hp pump, cartridge filter, AquaPlus SWG/Controller, Pebble-Tec liner.

14. Back To Top    #14

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by dschlic1
    based on the formulas used in the old Pool Calculator website, I programmed an old Casio programmable calculator to perform these same calculations. It does remember your settings and even stores some of the old results for plotting trends. If anyone is interested, I can try and post the program.
    Nice! Yes, I would love to check out that program if you can find/post it

15. Back To Top    #15

Ok I'll see if I can find the source/program. It may take a couple of days.
    7,500 gal, IG pool, L shape 22' x 15', 1.5 hp pump, cartridge filter, AquaPlus SWG/Controller, Pebble-Tec liner.

16. Back To Top    #16

Pardon this question, but why not just use the Pool Math as you would on a PC?

I have an old Droid phone and it works fine for me with no problems.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

17. Back To Top    #17

I would love a clone of pool math that ran on android, I have the paid version of simple pool, but it lacks the easy to use effects for certain chemicals which I like to use.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    I use Pool Pal for Android. Love it.
    I have Pool Pal for Android too. Its free. I checked it against the poolcalculator and its dead on. I didnt check salt or borates though since I dont worry about them. So far it has kept its settings and it can log your results.
    18,000 Gallon Aboveground. Sand Filter with 2HP 2 speed Pump.

19. Back To Top    #19

Pretty sure the developer of pool pal is a member here which is why it matches PoolMath.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by golfinglenn View Post
    I just bookmark the link from here and use it on my phones or laptops browser. I use chrome and it remembers the gallons I put in, just have to change it if I am changing from pool to hot tub.
    I use the PoolMath page for my pool, and the PoolCalculator page for the hot tub. They remember their own settings, so I don't have to re-enter anything.
    25000-gallon semi-public IG concrete/plaster pool, Triton II sand filter
    750-gallon semi-public IG concrete/plaster spa, cartridge filter
    Volunteer pool caretaker for my condominium complex

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast