Winter Maintenance Question

Aug 7, 2013
Im located in the northern tip of MS. Just south of Memphis. I have 16x32 IG vinly pool with a Sand filter. My first winter with the pool. I didnt close. I simply purchased a mesh cover and run the pump when gets near 32 degrees.

So far everythings been going fine. But it got windy recently and I had to go out and adjust the cover. There are many leaves on the mesh cover. I noticed that my stairs are now stained with a brownish color. Same color as the leaves. From what I can tell the leaves are staining the stairs.

Is removing the stains an easy task? Is this something I should address immediately or is it something I can do when it gets closer to swimming season.

thanks.

The stains are most likely tanin from the leaves. You should use a leaf blower to remove as many leaves from the cover as you can to prevent it from getting too bad.

I suspect that the stains will be relatively easy to remove even if you wait, but I'd suggest you try a sample removal just to be sure. Take a Magic Eraser and see if the stains will just scrub off. If they come off easily then it's probably ok to wait until it warms up a bit. I would personally go ahead and remove them if it's not too much trouble.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.