Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Choosing New Liner Pattern/Color

1. Back To Top    #1

Choosing New Liner Pattern/Color

I am replacing my vinyl liner and never imagined I would be so confused. I live on a hillside with trees and a pond below. I want a deep natural look. Nothing beachy. Tired of the big bright blue pond. lol
    Everyone says go with "Sandstone" but I think I want more of a smokey blue black or deep lagoon color. My builder has the following 4 samples but no pics.
    Any pics of Vynall Bronze Travertine, The Vinyl Works Seabrook, Quartzite or Black Granite?
    I have white steps and coping but not changing. Help!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Choosing New Liner Pattern/Color

Try vynall.com
    16,000 IG, SWG, 175 sq. ft. cartridge, 1.5 hp pump, vinyl, Charlotte NC
    TF-100, Pool School, Pool-Calc

3. Back To Top    #3

I looked there first then called them directly. They were nice but said PB had to submit picture request.

4. Back To Top    #4

Vynall has sample pictures on their website. Is that what you need, or do you need pictures of installed liners?

5. Back To Top    #5

Click on my link below, I have black granite and love it.....
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm looking for installed liner pics.

Love the black! I actually registered with the site to see your pics because non members can not see them.
    My only fear is my Polaris rubbing away the black and causing white spots as I have seen others post as a downside. I think the color is perfect for my landscape but still somewhat hesitant as I do plan to sell the home in a few years.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Tessieup
    I'm looking for installed liner pics.

Love the black! I actually registered with the site to see your pics because non members can not see them.
    My only fear is my Polaris rubbing away the black and causing white spots as I have seen others post as a downside. I think the color is perfect for my landscape but still somewhat hesitant as I do plan to sell the home in a few years.

I cannot speak to that issue as we are only 1 season into it but I would think if the Polaris is constantly moving and not hung up on something, spinning its wheels, then it should not be an issue. I guess time will tell. If you are going to sell in a few years you may want to go with something that appeals to everybody, like when they say to paint a room neutral and not pink when trying to sell... Good luck in whatever you choose though!

8. Back To Top    #8

I made a decision! I went with the black granite!!!
    I know I will get the deep natural look I want instead of something too bright. This is my current liner. Will post a again when the new one is installed. Thanks for the help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Back To Top    #9

Please do post some pics of it. I think you made a great choice.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

10. Back To Top    #10

My Black Granite liner is going in today! I already know I made the right decision. So excited. Will post pics later

11. Back To Top    #11

subscribed for pics!!
    18x36 Inground 22000 gal Vinyl Lined sport pool \ P Pentair Intelliflo VS pump, Sta-rite 400SQ FT Cartridge filter, Pentair MasterTemp 250K HD Heater, Pentair SunTouch Control System, Pentair IC40 SWG, 2 Pentair Intellibrite 5G Lights, Pentair Intellibrite lite Controller, Pentair Kreepy Krauly 820 robot.

12. Back To Top    #12

Good decision my friend....

13. Back To Top    #13

Any pics?
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

14. Back To Top    #14

Tease!! Lol!
    22x34x40 lagoon vinyl IG pool, 30,000 gal (I think), 8 ft deep with vinyl over step, led light, 2 drains, 3 returns, 2 skimmers, 1 1/2 pentair super flow pump, Polaris w/booster, pentair salt system, 1500 sq ft of deck.

15. Back To Top    #15

oh man i thought i was gonna see a pic!
    18x36 Inground 22000 gal Vinyl Lined sport pool \ P Pentair Intelliflo VS pump, Sta-rite 400SQ FT Cartridge filter, Pentair MasterTemp 250K HD Heater, Pentair SunTouch Control System, Pentair IC40 SWG, 2 Pentair Intellibrite 5G Lights, Pentair Intellibrite lite Controller, Pentair Kreepy Krauly 820 robot.

16. Back To Top    #16

Any update w/pics?

17. Back To Top    #17

Everyone is still waiting for pics! Perhaps what I am most interested in is whether the darker liner made a significant difference in water temperature! We are at the point where we must replace our liner this year, and have considered something dark to help with water temperature and perhaps lengthen our swimming season. Our pool gets 12+ hours of sun every day (barring any clouds)!
    ~18,000 gal (16x32)
    Hayward sand filter
    Circupool RJ45 SWG
    Hayward Max-Flo XL SP2305X7 pump (0.75 HP)