Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Please help identify waterfall?

1. Back To Top    #1

Please help identify waterfall?

I am purchasing a house with what looks like a waterfall into the pool. I can't turn the pump on because the filter has a crack in it but was curious if you can help confirm if this is a waterfall? Would it most likely be the return water line from the filter that would be pumped through these hole s that run along the top of the concrete wall? Sorry for my ignorance....As you can see from the pictures I am going to have my work cut out for me getting this pool back in shape, fortunately I came to the right place.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Please help identify waterfall?

Can you post a picture of your plumbing pad?
    If it is a waterfall, I'm surprised not to see any type of streaking. There may be a separate valve that controls water flow it. You'll also have returns in the pool.

Check pool school. It's your friend. You really can't too large of a filter. They all have benefits and drawbacks, but it's always better to go bigger on the filter.

More pictures please and welcome to the forums.

Could one of the mods please rotate the top picture.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

From the pictures, it looks like an old, warped, and painted-over sheer descent with some holes drilled in it.
    APSP Certified Building Professional
    APSP Certified Service Professional
    NSPF Certified Pool Operator

4. Back To Top    #4

So it should look like this when running.

But with the holes drilled might not look as nice.

Guess when you fire it up you'll find out. LOL
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

5. Back To Top    #5

with the holes in it looks like a "rain fall" descent
    13,000 gallon IG
    PCC IG cleaning system
    Pentair equip.
    Attached spa
    Dire need for surface refinish!