Chlorine level discrepancy.

tbt

Nov 9, 2013
Needed pool supplies so had my water tested at pool store. Big discrepancy in chlorine levels. Store says fc is .68 & TC is 3.58. My test using Taylor k-2006 is fc is 9.5 ( shocked a few days ago) and cc is 0. Pool store says put 5# of shock. Water is clean & sparkling with no odor. Which test do I trust. I am thinking mine. Thanks for your help.

What they said, but out of curiosity do you know what type of testing the pool store does? drop based, strips, computerized colormetric system, etc? With numbers like their's going 2 places past the decimal I would assume it is some computerized colormetric scanner that reads to high precision, but can still have low accuracy.

Ike

Trust your own results. There is no telling how far off they are. Any time you mix test results there will be confusion. We have thousands of success stories from those using only good results from reliable test kits.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.