Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Considering an in-ground vinyl pool kit any tips?

1. Back To Top    #1

West Hollywood, CA

Considering an in-ground vinyl pool kit any tips?

Hi I am in Southern California and my partially in-ground "above-ground" oval is now over 30 years old. Got my money's worth and have poured a lot into it (ha, no pun intended) over the years. But it's time to upgrade. Am financially challenged so a gunite type pool is out of the question. Next stop, the vinyl lined in-grounds. Any ideas on the best ones out there? Also anyone know of pool builders who would do the install on these kits?

Thank you for any and all advice!
    [center:3jp7r7gm]15'x25'x4' Oval Muskin AGP, blue vinyl liner, sunk 2 feet in ground with redwood decking. Approx 10k gallons. Hayward Perflex filter D.E. and Hayward 1.5 hp pump. One return line. Wedding cake stairs. (whew, hopefully that describes the pool!)[/center:3jp7r7gm]

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Considering an in-ground vinyl pool kit any tips?

Sorry I can't say, but I've noticed several people here building their own IG vinyl pools here. Do a DIY build search and see if you can find some. You'll likely find some folks who've already done it. Good luck, and hope to see you posting up a new build.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr