Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: NG Heater Indoors?

1. Back To Top    #1

NG Heater Indoors?

Since all my other equipment is indoors, I'd like to place my heater indoors as well. As you can see, I pre-plumbed tees for installing. I have not purchased one yet, so I don't know if it will even fit. I just hoped to get a professional opinion on the practicality,safety, etc. Does anyone have their heater inside? P.S. Don't knock the plumbing work-the guy that did it was very cheap and not a professional. haha ME!
    34,000 gal., 20x40 Roman, IG Steel/Vinyl, 500# Hayward Sand Filter, 2HP Ecostar-VS, Savi Note LEDs, Autopilot Digital 220 SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: NG Heater Indoors?

I dont have answer, but that looks like a really good job. I am in the middle of redoing mine gonna base it on yours if thats ok..
    13k - Martinique 15x30 52"
    Sta-Rite crystal flo 22" sand filter & 1.5 spl rated
    Gorilla pad / waveless wall foam / foam cove
    Buried 2ft TF-100, TFPC

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

It will need to be vented to the outside and you will also need to make sure you have a supply of fresh air coming in for combustion. It doesn't look like you have much room left for a heater. What did you have in mind to install?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Drag.az
    I dont have answer, but that looks like a really good job. I am in the middle of redoing mine gonna base it on yours if thats ok..
    No way man. I gotta patent on that design! Jk. Thanks and good luck with re-do.
    34,000 gal., 20x40 Roman, IG Steel/Vinyl, 500# Hayward Sand Filter, 2HP Ecostar-VS, Savi Note LEDs, Autopilot Digital 220 SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303
    It will need to be vented to the outside and you will also need to make sure you have a supply of fresh air coming in for combustion. It doesn't look like you have much room left for a heater. What did you have in mind to install?
    I dont really know yet. I have NG available. I figured that would be more efficient than heat pump. I just like the water near 90 deg and it takes a while here in TN for it to get there. BTW it is a 20x40 IG a bit over 30K gallons. I wish I could do solar, but I know nothing about those. Any suggestions?

6. Back To Top    #6

Another pic for your troubles....

7. Back To Top    #7

A gas heater can be put indoors. However, proper installation is critical. I would recommend that you use a qualified HVAC contractor to evaluate your situation and advise you.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW
    A gas heater can be put indoors. However, proper installation is critical. I would recommend that you use a qualified HVAC contractor to evaluate your situation and advise you.
    Yes I noticed a kit that is available from each manufacturer to vent them. The thing is, those qhalified HVAC guys are very pricey. I got a quote to install ductless AC in pool house for 5,200.00, but ended up doing myself for 1,700.00. Any ideas on a fair price for professional installation?

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by janthony
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesW
    Yes I noticed a kit that is available from each manufacturer to vent them. The thing is, those qhalified HVAC guys are very pricey. I got a quote to install ductless AC in pool house for 5,200.00, but ended up doing myself for 1,700.00. Any ideas on a fair price for professional installation?

Everybody and place is different so I can't comment on what is a fair price or not. The only thing you should do is find three like companies and get a quote from them and then see which one you like.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,