Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to the Group & Building A Pool in Las Vegas

1. Back To Top    #1

New to the Group & Building A Pool in Las Vegas

Just wanted to say Hello! I have been watching the boards for a while and want to thank everyone for contributing info, opinions and reviews. I look forward to the info I will be getting once I get started. I am currently in Design Phase (I am doing the design and plans myself and then will have an engineer do the calcs and stamp them).

So, I guess at this point, I wanted to say Hello and open up to any suggestions from people who have done Owner Builder Pools before.

Thanks in advance!
    MP

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to the Group & Building A Pool in Las Vegas

Welcome to TFP jmpoling !!
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!!!
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey, hope to see you this summer - Welcome!
    13200 gal, IG, plaster, built 1985, replastered 2012, Mytilus MA-90C cartridge filter, 2716 Blue Line In-ground Pump and Motor (1 HP), (manual clean/brush/test with Taylor K-2006, TFP since 2012) in Northwest Houston TX

5. Back To Top    #5

Always nice to see a fellow Las Vegas person on here !

Welcome and good luck !

What side of town are you on. ?
    12k gal Gunite/Hayward filter C5520BH with quad 33 inch filters. 2.5 hp motor. Pool is on south side, so full sun light. Spill over spa.
    Laar's heater LT250-Low NOx Gas Fired for pool/spa 250,000 BTU. Roof mount 6 panel solar system installed east/south. TF-100 test kit. May-September 100+ degrees out side.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Mark R
    Always nice to see a fellow Las Vegas person on here !

Welcome and good luck !

What side of town are you on. ?
    Hi Mark - I am out in old Henderson! Love it out here.
    Just finished the last of my design problems, so hopefully by Monday I will have it all on paper and can talk to our engineer. Getting excited!

7. Back To Top    #7

Hi MP,
    I guess its Vegas week here on the forum, we're new too. Along with being from Vegas, the SW part of town. Looks like we're one step ahead
    of you as we're currently under construction on our owner built. Be more than happy to share info with you if have any questions.

Who do you have lined up for your engineering?
    Shotcrete 16'x25' rectangular with a half in 7' round spa raised 18" negative edge spillover, med. gray plaster. 9K gal. 3' sheer descent, 8'x12' wet deck.
    All equipment Pentair. 420 C&C, 400K MasterTemp, WhisperFlo 1hp, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo 2hp, IC40 Intellichlor, EasyTouch Wireless ScreenLogic2 Interface, 3ea. GloBrite LED's.

8. Back To Top    #8

South West here as well
    12k gal Gunite/Hayward filter C5520BH with quad 33 inch filters. 2.5 hp motor. Pool is on south side, so full sun light. Spill over spa.
    Laar's heater LT250-Low NOx Gas Fired for pool/spa 250,000 BTU. Roof mount 6 panel solar system installed east/south. TF-100 test kit. May-September 100+ degrees out side.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by We_Like_It_Hot
    Hi MP,
    I guess its Vegas week here on the forum, we're new too. Along with being from Vegas, the SW part of town. Looks like we're one step ahead
    of you as we're currently under construction on our owner built. Be more than happy to share info with you if have any questions.

Who do you have lined up for your engineering?
    Awesome!! I will definitely look to you for some info. We don't have anyone for engineering yet, so a reference would be great. I almost have my design completed. I will upload what I have done so far. We are still missing little things (returns and a few notes) but its pretty close to done.

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks We_Like_It_Hot for letting my hubby know about the personal info.....Didn't even think about it. I have officially cropped it out.
    Attached Files Attached Files

11. Back To Top    #11

Nope problem jmpoling. You have my number now, feel free to use it if you like.

Here is a couple of suggestions if you haven't thought or done them yet. Go online to your local building dept. website and check for "Pool and Spa Plan Submittal Checklist" also you might want to design your plan on 11"x17" paper at 1/8" scale too. It seems to be the most popular scale the contractors use.

Regards,
    G&D
    Shotcrete 16'x25' rectangular with a half in 7' round spa raised 18" negative edge spillover, med. gray plaster. 9K gal. 3' sheer descent, 8'x12' wet deck.
    All equipment Pentair. 420 C&C, 400K MasterTemp, WhisperFlo 1hp, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo 2hp, IC40 Intellichlor, EasyTouch Wireless ScreenLogic2 Interface, 3ea. GloBrite LED's.

12. Back To Top    #12

Hi jmpoling, will this be your first owner built pool? Have a planned start date?

We found even after all the research we had done and we had done lots, at least we feel we did. We are still finding eye opening things we didn't know. Wish we would have joined this forum long ago, along with having the experience of being involved or done a pool build before we started ours.

13. Back To Top    #13

Yes, this will be our first. I am sure there is gonna be a lot of surprises and things I didn't think about, which is why I am here. We are looking to start breaking ground mid March if I can get everything lined up.

Any suggestions or things to look out for are great!