Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is this Liner gap to big?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is this Liner gap to big?

I am having hard time accepting that this liner join line is acceptable. The picture below shows where the border portion of the liner is joined. There is an ugly white gap, which takes away from the tile look. This eyesore is right at the entry of the large roman steps to the right. The liner is by VynAll. What does the forum think?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Is this Liner gap to big?

I hate to complain about minor aesthetic stuff but that is really an eyesore and I think you have a valid gripe.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I have never seen anything like that, and if it is where you enter by the step, you know people will be asking you every time - a constant reminder "I should of had that fixed when it was installed".
    13200 gal, IG, plaster, built 1985, replastered 2012, Mytilus MA-90C cartridge filter, 2716 Blue Line In-ground Pump and Motor (1 HP), (manual clean/brush/test with Taylor K-2006, TFP since 2012) in Northwest Houston TX

4. Back To Top    #4

I agree . Your eye will be drawn to that. Let us know what the outcome is.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the validation. The builder and liner manufacturer have agreed to replace it.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by GTIz
    I am having hard time accepting that this liner join line is acceptable. The picture below shows where the border portion of the liner is joined. There is an ugly white gap, which takes away from the tile look. This eyesore is right at the entry of the large roman steps to the right. The liner is by VynAll. What does the forum think?

My liner is by VynAll too and it isnt anything like that at all.

hope you get it worked out.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

7. Back To Top    #7

Don't forget to blog with follow-up and pictures of the new install. Good luck!
    13200 gal, IG, plaster, built 1985, replastered 2012, Mytilus MA-90C cartridge filter, 2716 Blue Line In-ground Pump and Motor (1 HP), (manual clean/brush/test with Taylor K-2006, TFP since 2012) in Northwest Houston TX

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Typically they should put the seems where the steps are so when you cut the steps out you don't see the seem anywhere. The pool builder should have marked where the steps are located on the original measuring sheet. At least that's the way I do it with our manufacture. (GLI)
    Jacob Zaluski, Owner
    True Blue Pools LLC. Lexington, KY
    Service Center for Hayward Pool Products

9. Back To Top    #9

did you ever get ever get resolution on your liner?

10. Back To Top    #10

For the record, Vynall is a standup company! They will take care of you.
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG