Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Which infloor pop ups go where?

1. Back To Top    #1

Which infloor pop ups go where?

Well, I think I may have screwed up.

I have a six zone/14 head pop up infloor cleaning system. After repairing broken T-valves considerable debris fell into the system.

It was clear that the debris was clogging the pop ups so (here's where I messed up), I took all the pop ups out at once instead of one at a time. Five of the 14 have small orifices and 9 large. Now I don't know which ones go where and don't have a pool builders diagram to help me figure this out.

Hoping someone has a solution to this issue.
    Paul L. My pool: Shasta built 9900 gal Pebble Tec (installed 3/13/2001), Hayward Northstar 1 1/2 hp pump, Hayward C4025 (400sf) cartridge filter. Aquarite Salt system. Quik Clean in floor cleaning system. TF-100 kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Which infloor pop ups go where?

Can you post a picture or a drawing of how the heads are laid out in the pool? That should help figure out how they should be installed.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

On my setup the smaller orifice are in the steps area and the larger ones go in the main body of the pool. Kinda like starting small at the top and getting bigger going down hill to the main drain.
    16,500 gal Roman end with PebbleFina finish
    4 x 160 intelliflo pump
    Easytouch controls with an IC40 chlorinator
    Sta-rite cartridge filter
    A & A infloor cleaning system
    Pentair 5g LED pool light

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by SCCS
    On my setup the smaller orifice are in the steps area and the larger ones go in the main body of the pool. Kinda like starting small at the top and getting bigger going down hill to the main drain.
    Hmm. Pool bottom has eight pop ups and I have 9 with large holes. My steps have 5 pop ups and I have a bench at far end of the pool with one popup that sits 18-24 in lower than the pool surface.

If you need more info I'll diagram post pictures.

Thanks!
    Paul L. My pool: Shasta built 9900 gal Pebble Tec (installed 3/13/2001), Hayward Northstar 1 1/2 hp pump, Hayward C4025 (400sf) cartridge filter. Aquarite Salt system. Quik Clean in floor cleaning system. TF-100 kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    Can you post a picture or a drawing of how the heads are laid out in the pool? That should help figure out how they should be installed.
    Here's a rough diagram:
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Back To Top    #6

I would put the small ones on the steps and the rest in the pool and the last large one on the bench.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    I would put the small ones on the steps and the rest in the pool and the last large one on the bench.
    Thank you!!

8. Back To Top    #8

Not sure which popup heads, but if you have these heads. http://aamfg.com/gamma3CleaningHead.php You have 4 nozzle sizes to choose from. They come apart but not easily.
    16,500 gal Roman end with PebbleFina finish
    4 x 160 intelliflo pump
    Easytouch controls with an IC40 chlorinator
    Sta-rite cartridge filter
    A & A infloor cleaning system
    Pentair 5g LED pool light