New East Texas Pool Build- Part 2 ?????

Brushpup said:
Rule # 9 says do not start a thread about one previously locked.

site-rules-forum-etiquette-t10814.html
True, but when the first thread was locked Duraleigh stated:

"kengood is welcome to start a new thread documenting the remainder of his build...we have all enjoyed the detail and the pool is really a nice project. We simply ask that the references to things over which we have absolutely no control not be a part of it."

I can only assume that a complaint was made about something which was posted which fell outside of this.

Like I said previously, I really hope that Ken can finish the project and show it to us as I have no doubt it will be a beautiful backyard paradise.

I have posted an explanation of TFP's actions at the end of the "part 2" thread.

From the posts above, it is apparent that some have already chosen sides. That's fine, but please don't use TFP to drag this out further.

Please read the Welcome statement on the home page......Discussing personal grievances has no place in what we do.....none.

duraleigh said:
I have posted an explanation of TFP's actions at the end of the "part 2" thread.

From the posts above, it is apparent that some have already chosen sides. That's fine, but please don't use TFP to drag this out further.

Please read the Welcome statement on the home page......Discussing personal grievances has no place in what we do.....none.
Thank you for the update.

Honestly, I just am sad that we won't get to see the finished pool. It was quite a project.

That pool build is probably one of the best that I have read on here. It's disapointing that one can't use their freedom to talk about the good and bad things about a particular pool builder. If the PB has so much of an issue about it why doesn't have jump on here and explain his side of the story. I understand that TFP isn't responsible for helping mediate the communication between the two but come on lighten up. Now i have to wait for a 3rd thread to start from Ken because some no name PB from florida threatens the forum......ridiculous.

cbink said:
duraleigh said:

Honestly, I just am sad that we won't get to see the finished pool. It was quite a project.
Me too!
I just left Ken a message suggesting he start a personal Pool-Build Blog. I'm not sure if it's allowed on TFP, but I'm more than happy to provide his reply / info by PM. Someone let me know if this violates rules.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This is all such a shame. I really didn't take anything in part deux to be complaining. But, like stated, it seems the situation has gotten out of hand. I totally understand TFP's take on it. I'd probably do the same thing in their shoes.
I guess I have no choice but to just go up there and crash his house one weekend! Seriously though, I'd love to see that finished product.

pragmatic said:
cbink said:
duraleigh said:

Me too!
I just left Ken a message suggesting he start a personal Pool-Build Blog. I'm not sure if it's allowed on TFP, but I'm more than happy to provide his reply / info by PM. Someone let me know if this violates rules.

I doubt he will see the message. This is a quote from the admins on the locked part 2 thread.

Both PB and KG have been banned from this forum.

My opinion doesn't really matter in the long run, but the part 2 thread seemed quite civil. A bit of an overreaction on the part of this site, but they are the ones running the show. Just a shame that they flat out banned someone that was actively contributing to the site (even outside his build threads). I hope the staff takes a step back and eventually reconsiders the ban.

I agree. I wish the admins would reconsider. Maybe 3 strikes and you're out? I thought the conflict related posts had toned down considerably, really to nothing. I found the build to be very informative as I've gone through the process of getting started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pragmatic said:

Please let Ken know we wish him well with the remainder of his build & we sure do miss reading his thread! Really wanted to see that pool with water in it, ugh! If he does start a blog or posts somewhere else, hopefully you can let us know. Thanks!

clw72 said:
pragmatic said:

Please let Ken know we wish him well with the remainder of his build & we sure do miss reading his thread! Really wanted to see that pool with water in it, ugh! If he does start a blog or posts somewhere else, hopefully you can let us know. Thanks!

Yeah, I'm bummed about it too. I'll certainly pass on information if he wishes. No replies yet, but if he chooses to do so, he has my personal contact information. Heck, he's a Lawyer, he may just talk his way back to TFP. :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.