Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Using ascorbic acid for stains

1. Back To Top    #1

Yuma, AZ

Using ascorbic acid for stains

I plan on using the "AA" process with Jack's Magic Stain Solution 1 and Jack's Magic The Pink Stuff as the sequestrant agent. I have identified the stain in my in ground fiberglass pool as an iron stain.

Question: Has anyone had experience with the products mentioned being used in a fiberglass pool?
    14,000gal IG Fiberglass pool with 850 gal spill over spa, Whisper Flo 1hp pool pump, Whisper Flo 2hp spa pump, DE filter, Zodiac Clearwater LM3 SWG, "Heat Siphon" Model SX5HP pool/spa heater, a water leveler and a Kreepy Krauly cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2
    DFW, Texas

Re: Using ascorbic acid for stains

Cannot state that I personally have used these products in a fiberglass pool, but I can tell you that Jack's Magic sequestrants are what we recommend. The Pink Stuff (regular) should work best for you as is more aggressive on iron stains vs. The Blue Stuff. Here is more info: Metals in the Water and Metal Stains and Ascorbic Acid Treatment.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.