Pop-ups on floor of pool

Jan 13, 2014
Hey there. I am a new member. I purchased a home a couple of years ago that has an inground concrete pool. There are pop-ups on my steps and a few on the floor of the pool. They have never worked. The pool was probably built in the 1980's. I had a "pool guy" come out to give me a estimate on replastering the pool. I asked him about the pop-ups and what makes them work. He looked at my pump and piping and said there should be another pipe coming up out of the ground. Hmmm, there isn't, so is it possible the pop-ups worked through just the main (one) pump that I have? Or is that ridiculous for me to say???!!! I did have the filtering system replaced, cause mine was real old, probably the original. Anyway, it is a Hayward with a 4 port valve. The designations are Filter, Waster, Backwash and Boost to Pool/Spa. Is it possible for the pop-ups to work through the Booster? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Judy

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

How does the water currently return to your pool?

My previous pool had the in-floor cleaner and a separate set of wall returns ... a valve selected one or the other. Wondering if yours was the same and the in-floor has not been abandoned. There should be a dome just above the ground somewhere with a bunch of pipes under it ... that is the gearing system to rotate through the various in-floor zones.

The multi-port valve on the filter would not have anything to do with the in-floor system.
Also generally a booster was not needed either.

Post up a bunch of pictures of your equipment pad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.